PDA

View Full Version : Monty Don

Mags
26-05-2008, 03:32 PM
It's great to hear Monty Don has made his first public appearance since his stroke six weeks ago.

Sad that he has had to give up Gardeners' World but his health must come first...I for one will miss him..:( I wonder who will take over the programme now:?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/7420175.stm

Kazz
26-05-2008, 04:27 PM
No idea who will take over gardeners world Mags but they do have the knack of finding the right person though don't they................I mean when Alan Titchmarsh did it I had never heard of Monty Don.........yet up he popped.

I think the other presenters there at the moments do it well as a mix match.

I am pleased he is out and about again.......I like him he reminds me of Geoff Hamilton.

PoshPuss
26-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh dear! I didn't know about Monty Don's stroke :(
I wish him well. First saw him on Richard and Judy and he always talked sense. He seems such a fit bloke too. I'm surprised too, coz I watched a lot of the Chelsea shows and it wasn't mentioned.
GWS, Monty.

angieh
26-05-2008, 07:09 PM
My OH told me about Monty yesterday I think it was. I am very sorry for him - he has always battled against the odds one way or another and I did like him on Gardeners World. I liked Alan Titchmarsh too, but Geoff was my favourite. I saw him live about a month before his death when he did a hanging basket live show and I went with a fellow GW fan. Such a natural man.

I haven't a clue who Auntie Beeb will go for - it will be interesting to see.

And yes, Monty - best wishes for a full recovery.

Kazz
26-05-2008, 07:17 PM
My Mom adored Geoff Hamilton - and even my Dad who is not a gardener as such liked him said he talked sense...he thought the same of Monty Don....I think because Hamilton used to get his hands dirty building things.....when I take them to the Gardeners World show in B'ham they buy something for the Hamilton stand