PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread - Sunday

Elaine
25-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Morning all.
Been up since 7 am:shock: Never before heard of on a sunday, I can tell you:lol:
Went to bed very early last night with what felt like a migrane, still felt a bit headachey this morning but it seems to be shifting now.
Bed sheets are washed and hung out, cats are out playing and I have made some liver cake;)
Off to get showered and dressed now, the sun is shinning and I am off out to see Grahams mum later today. May also wash the van.
Have a good day every one xxx

Sasadams
25-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Morning! Sounds lovely where you are, it's raining here and has been all night and I thinks it's set to stay all day today and tomorrow!! It's good when you do get up early as you get on with the jobs that need doing and you feel you've really accomplished a lot!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. :D

Mags
25-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Morning!
Lucky you having sunshine Elaine, it's raining cats and dogs here!:roll: Hope your headache clears soon.

My daughter and her family are off to EuroDisney today, unfortunately the weather doesn't look too good there either.:( I'm sure they'll still enjoy themselves though.:D

Usual house chores to do today and I'll be trying out a new recipe later for a Cherry and Almond Tart ......... only I'll be using raspberries instead of cherries!:lol:

Enjoy you day everyone!:cool:

Kate S
25-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Morning. It is raining here to but I have lots of stuff to do in the house today. Got all the footings for my retaining wall done in the garden yesterday when the weather was good.

Hope to have time to cook a cake maybe coffee and walnut.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Kim
25-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Not a good day here weatherwise. Such a shame as we are off to the Greyhound Gap show soon at Walsall, W Midlands. Hope everyone enjoys their day. :)

pinklizzy
25-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Pouring rain here too! OH has had to go to work today so got a pretty boring day ahead as still not really able to get up and move around too much-frustrating as there's lots of housework to be done!

PoshPuss
25-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Good, it's raining! I can stay on Catsey ! :D
Was going to be gardening later but OH has just fallen sleep on the sofa, coffee cup empty and Posh snoozing on his lap. Peace, be still !

angieh
25-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Glad you're feeling a bit better Elaine - hope you feel even better as the day goes on. What's liver cake, or shouldn't I ask? ;)

Wind howled last night and we had plenty of rain. Wind has brought down a branch of the lilac (the one I posted a picture of a while ago), so must go and saw off that branch - shame, there's still a lot of flower on it but I can't bring them indoors - that's one superstition I find hard to shake off.

The forecast said persistent rain all day today, but the sun is out the moment and it is looking quite nice outside! :D :D

PL - do take it easy - I know it's not easy when you see things everywhere that need doing. Shame your OH has had to go to work. Got a good book or DVD that you can happily read/watch?

Take care whatever you're doing today all you domestic goddesses (ALL those cakes!) :shock:

Moli
25-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Afternoon ladies, its lovely and sunny here, although windy, I have been up since 6 too, had an early airport run!Done all the house work, prepared the dinner, now trying to get up the energy to wash my car!! then walk the hounds, found a lovely forest to walk them, very peaceful and quite, with just deer and rabbits....
Have a good afternoon all.............

dandysmom
25-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Lovely here: blue cloudless skies and 20 degrees already; sorry so many of you have rain....
Did the usual market run....fresh peaches in!! :D...and ripe, not hard-as-boards ones that have to sit in the window a while to ripen! Will be having one at lunch!

Elaine: glad the headache's eased up; and I too wonder what liver cake is?
Angie: what's the superstition about lilac in the house? Don't know that one; have always cut some for indoors....
Mags: almond and raspberry tart sounds delicious, what time is tea? Pinklizzie: relax, the housework will still be there..:-D To quote the song, "Manana is good enough for me..." (I am a relaxed housekeeper...:roll:)

Hope all have a lovely day..

Kazz
25-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh Elaine that reminds me I have not made liver cake for e while now may make some tomorrow I am not at work.

Been to work today its pouring down here, really hard and the wind is really still strong.
Hope it eases tomorrow I have a few plants to put in and the last of the pots to do.

Kim I hope you enjoy your day out at the show.

Mags its a shame about the weather at Euro disney but I don't magine the children will let it bother them at all.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

Karen

Mags
25-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Mags its a shame about the weather at Euro disney but I don't magine the children will let it bother them at all.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

Karen

Just had a phone call from my daughter to say they have just arrived and it's warm and dry there!
The best news of all though is that Katie didn't have travel sickness at all :smt041....... poor kiddie was really bad when they went last year..:D

Elaine
25-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Liver cake is a yummy treat for dogs. I tried the cats but they turned their noses up;) Eva does caviar not pate:lol:
Grahams mums dog loved it and I have frozen some.

Kazz
25-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Although liver cake can cause major upste in the park when other dogs get a whiff of it.

Stinks the kitchen out a bit too.....

Elaine
25-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Although liver cake can cause major upste in the park when other dogs get a whiff of it.

Stinks the kitchen out a bit too.....

Not half:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet
25-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Finally made it online lol.

We have been sorting out our Wedding Photos for the Albums etc.. and larger prints - only took 7 months - off to see the Photographer on Thursday night to place our order, seems, were not the only ones who takes our time.

Its been damp and cold here today, cats been milling in and out.

Gonna chill now, have a great night all x

angieh
25-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the information on liver cake - I think I will give it a miss, seeing as I have no dogs!!!

Eileen - re lilac superstition, lilac does have an extremely powerful scent and it was used to mask the smell of a dead person lying in the house before embalmers, etc. White lilac is thought to be the most unlucky of the lilacs as this has the strongest scent and before the Victorians chose to wear black, white was the colour of mourning, so to combine the scent and the colour was asking for trouble. Hence TS Eliot's "Lilacs from the dead lands".

Kazz
25-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes its unlucky to bring lilac in the house...same as doing any clothes washing on new years day....it goes something like "Washing on new years day wash a life away"

Odd about supersitions maybe we should start a superstion thread?????

dandysmom
25-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the information on liver cake - I think I will give it a miss, seeing as I have no dogs!!!

Eileen - re lilac superstition, lilac does have an extremely powerful scent and it was used to mask the smell of a dead person lying in the house before embalmers, etc. White lilac is thought to be the most unlucky of the lilacs as this has the strongest scent and before the Victorians chose to wear black, white was the colour of mourning, so to combine the scent and the colour was asking for trouble. Hence TS Eliot's "Lilacs from the dead lands".

Thanks! I had never heard that one before; it does make a lot of sense the way you've explained. I've always loved white lilac; we had one at the house I grew up in, and it saddened me not to be able to dig it up (way too big!) when I moved here......
Carolyn (Kate cat's mom) had a big lavender one across the street and I was always allowed to cut a bunch to perfume the house; another thing I've missed since she moved to Oklahoma..:(

On a happy note, there is a good chance she'll move back this summer! :D

angieh
25-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Re Lilac superstition. Let me confess straight away that I "borrowed" most of this explanation from another forum (which is why I can't post the link). A person whose username is Laineeth.

dandysmom
25-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes its unlucky to bring lilac in the house...same as doing any clothes washing on new years day....it goes something like "Washing on new years day wash a life away"

Odd about supersitions maybe we should start a superstion thread?????

Fab idea, Kazz! Do you want to do the honors? And the washing one is also one that apparently didn't make it this side of the Pond.....never heard it either!

angieh
25-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Good idea Kazz!

Jem
25-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Well I have had a pants day, The original NI pup i was getting is no longer coming to me but another is! The second pup's owner may change her mind even though she already has 4 6 month old pup'd and cant cope with them! Some people irratate me :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cooked tea and cleaned up and that's been my day really :lol: