PDA

View Full Version : What's your cats favourite food?

Phoenix
23-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this!

What's you cat/s favourite food/s?

Beauty's all time favourite food is tuna. If it is spelt T-U-N-A Beauty loves it!

Sweet
23-05-2008, 04:16 PM
All of mine eat Hills Dry, but as a treat they love ham - try telling them they are not supposed to eat it :roll: also if I roast they all have some like beef or chicken etc... Kaci loves catnip drops and so does Meggy, the others love all treats on the market x

dandysmom
23-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Leia is Ms. Picky; she doesn't actually have a favorite food!:shock: :( Sultan was roast chicken, Misty would kill for cheddar, Dandy liked any fish, preferably trout or swordfish, Patches was butter! I guess technically butter isn't a proper food, but that was her treat...:-D

Sweet
23-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd forgot Cheddar Eileen, all mine love that too x

Becca6
23-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Oliver is the only cat I've had (he's my fourth) who hasn't liked anything you expect cats to go mad for. My other cats could smell tuna, chicken or salmon a mile off and appear, but you could leave any of those out and Ol wouldn't even smell them.

He does love his cat biscuits though - particularly Go Cat.

Moli
23-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Leo & Chancer love chicken..........
Merlin, Casper & Oliver love fish...........

dandysmom
23-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Oliver is the only cat I've had (he's my fourth) who hasn't liked anything you expect cats to go mad for. My other cats could smell tuna, chicken or salmon a mile off and appear, but you could leave any of those out and Ol wouldn't even smell them.

He does love his cat biscuits though - particularly Go Cat.

Becca, it's nice to know that someone else has a weird cat! Leia won't eat any of the above, but she has recently decided that perhaps a small, very small, bit of ham is OK...:roll: :-D

Moli
23-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Becca, it's nice to know that someone else has a weird cat! Leia won't eat any of the above, but she has recently decided that perhaps a small, very small, bit if ham is OK...:roll: :-D
Sounds like Princess Leia has you wrapped around her paw DM!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

Becca6
23-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Becca, it's nice to know that someone else has a weird cat! Leia won't eat any of the above, but she has recently decided that perhaps a small, very small, bit if ham is OK...:roll: :-D

I always feel rotten because I can't give him a treat. I always found tuna or salmon great if I needed to give my other cats pills as they just wolfed it down. Having said that, Ollie is the easiest cat I've had for getting pills down - just open his mouth, pop it in and it's gone - so it's not really a problem. :)

dandysmom
23-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Sounds like Princess Leia has you wrapped around her paw DM!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

You are surprised, Moli? :-D Guilty as charged .......:-D

dandysmom
23-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I always feel rotten because I can't give him a treat. I always found tuna or salmon great if I needed to give my other cats pills as they just wolfed it down. Having said that, Ollie is the easiest cat I've had for getting pills down - just open his mouth, pop it in and it's gone - so it's not really a problem. :)

Oh dear, being picky about treats doesn't equate with ease of pilling in my case! Leia is impossible to pill; she is a large (14 pound) strong, stubborn cat whose won't power is much greater than my will power...:roll: Lucky you!
Give that nice Oliver a pat from me! :D

PoshPuss
24-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Posh will always eat ham, chicken or tinned fish. Although she does get spoiled with a bit of icecream which she purrs for... :D

angieh
24-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Merlin likes all sorts of things: chicken; bacon; ham; raw mince (prev. frozen of course); any roast meat; tuna; prawns; any fresh fish; yoghurt (even the fruity ones!) any spicy or tomato sauce and the oddest I think is sweet corn kernels!

Of course, any of the above are strictly treats other than when he was poorly when I was desperate to find something he would eat - freshly poached chicken or fish was all he would take for quite a while. Such a relief now he's back on Felix supermeat.

meep
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM
My old cat loved peanut butter. One morning I found him jumped up on the table licking it off my plate, so as a treat I used to let him lick it off my finger.

And Chaska loved...spinach?! Very bizarre, but once we dropped some on the floor while cooking and she ate it up so quickly and looked for more. We hardly ever give it to her, she's very fussy when it comes to regular cat treats like meat, hehe. She only likes fish, no chicken.

meep
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I just realised my last post made it look like I let my cats eat whatever they want! Both these were by accident, any treats we give them on purpose are all normal cat foods, like chicken or tuna!

dandysmom
24-06-2008, 04:13 PM
The occasional strange treat won't hurt: my Siamese used to love olives! But he always spit out the pimiento! :-D

Hreow
26-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Roast chicken.
Well... food in general would be more accurate for Mr Gourmand.
The strangest things he eats is chips and frozen peas (they roll in an enticing way and they're easy to pounce and kill) but he rarely gets either.
His standard treat is roast turkey - I use that for his treasure-hunts when he's house-bound for the day. Wards off boredom, gives him some exercise and isn't bad food-wise.

keziah
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Figo loves all food in general, but he goes nuts when a packet of prawns is opened, same goes for ham, and he paces around and pleads till you give him a bite :)

dandysmom
07-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Ah, ham! I was feeding a terribly shy little stray who would not come close to me in the early days...until I held out a nice piece of ham; she sniffed and sniffed, crept closer and took it from my hand! The beginning of a beautiful friendship....