PDA

View Full Version : Researching pedigree...

charliebubs
22-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I've discovered a new hobby!! :lol:

I started trying to research Lily's pedigree back further than the 4 generations I got from her breeder, and it's turned into a time consuming, but really interesting obsession!!

I've discovered a website (apologies for those who already know about it, but it's a revelation to me!!) where you can search back through pedigrees (search by breed) and I've now managed to track part of Lily's heritage back to the first ever ragdoll cat, Josephine, in America in the 60's :-D :-D

My new kitten owners are going to be given the longest pedigree EVER for her kittens!!!!! :shock: ;)

Oh, and for anyone interested, the website is www.pawpeds.com ;)

dandysmom
22-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh wow, Charlie, what a great site! Thanks so much for posting that; I've only had two pedigrees, Su-ling and Dandy, and both are in there! Or, I should say, their parents were, so I can go back past the 4 generation pedigrees I got. All academic, of course, as both my boys were never bred and have gone to the Bridge, but it's fascinating. I knew Su-ling came from very good British lines, Doneraine and Prestwick, and was astonished to see how close Dandy was to Tikka, one of the founding cats of the Pura breed!.

charliebubs
22-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm glad you find it as fascinating as I do, Eileen :)

Prepare to lose many hours researching!!!! lol ;)

bobbie3917
23-05-2008, 02:23 AM
i have just been doing the same thing lol
Rosies sire is on there but not her dam so i have to add that, although her dams sire and dam is there so it will not be that hard, but its nice to see where she comes form

Fran
23-05-2008, 07:42 AM
That is a brilliant site Charlie!! I shall prepare to waste many hours on there later on :-D

Sweet
23-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Off to browse the site - thank you for posting x

Kay
23-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Absolutely fantastic Charlie. I'm so hooked I might not be on here much for awhile. Got one or two peds to look up.

charliebubs
23-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Oops!!! Sorry Catsey - I seem to have distracted your members!!! lol :lol: :lol:

Kay/Fran - let me know what you find ;)

I've also discovered that there's no outcrossing in Lily's pedigree (I think!) so she's 100% pure raggie!!! :)