PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Milk and Kitten food

kado
22-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Troy and Chester love there milk everytime we go into the kitchen they cry for milk. The vet nurse said they can how much they want is that right they wont entertain water i am constanly chainging it so its cool. They also love food and eat everything we put down. Due too Simon and guinness bladder problem i dont want to put them on dry so they are on wet. How much should they have though they are on around a pouch a day between them both and i dont want too over feed them.

jane

smudgley
22-05-2008, 10:18 PM
If they were mine, they'd have no milk at all. They will drink water when they are thirsty, honest ;)

With their food, little and often is best whilst they are so young. As much as they will comfortably eat in a few mins maybe 4 times a day would be good

Kazz
23-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Neither of mine really ever had milk, in fact whenever I gave it to them when small Cleo was sick and Oscar never drank it from choice..... they drank water for almost 25 years lived totaly happy on it.

Kazz
23-05-2008, 08:31 PM
They are only litle aren't they I would say...4-5 times a day for food

angieh
23-05-2008, 08:38 PM
It's the lactose that they may have problems with, but not all cats are lactose intolerant. I have never tried the lactose-free milk you can get now for humans - guess that might be OK?

Merlin still loves his milk, and I do give him a small amount each morning. He did not have it as a regular thing, but as he's an elderly cat now he can have whatever he wants so long as it doesn't make him sick or give him the runs!