PDA

View Full Version : redecorating and a question

Tink
21-05-2008, 09:14 PM
i finally got the go ahead from OH today that we can redecorate the house..woo hoo!
it's mostly paint and i want to rip up the remaining carpeting b/c it'll be so much better for the amount of fuzz we have running and shedding around here and less opportunity for little nasty bugs to burrow and stains to settle..and a couple of other things here and there..i'm also redoing kuan yin's original room (before she was big enough to have full run of the house) which has evolved into the ferret and cat haven (ferret cage is in there for sleeping and cats just go in there when they want a quiet place to retreat..and all their supplies are in there as well plus lots of beds and toys)..i am going to make it a nursery type thing with a winnie the pooh theme.
as far as the question, i've never been the gardening type but we're finally getting around to planting some trees and finishing the koi pond area. i REALLY would love a way to increase the wildlife that passes through the koi pond area (it's restricted and gated from the other half where dogs roam so it's a safe zone)..we used to get raccoons here and there and we always get some neighborhood cat visits but it's been dwindling lately...my thought is birdseed feeders..and maybe a bird bath? we have birdhouses in the front yard but maybe back there too..
i'd love to hear any of your ideas..i know lots of critters steal scattered birdseed and such..the cats already love the koi pond..and i would welcome raccoons to come back and start bathing in there again..i just love seeing animals back there...
more experienced people..suggestions please?;)

Mags
21-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm afraid I can't help you Tink but I hope some of our "wildlife" gardeners here will be able to offer you some suggestions..;)