PDA

View Full Version : Flea Treatment

Phoenix
21-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I've recently started Beauty on a flea powder treatment, but yesterday she was scratching a lot and I'm not sure if it's that causing it or whether it's because it's the ant season and ants have got on her? :smt102 :smt100

PoshPuss
21-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I have never used powder on Posh, just the drops the vet gave me. Sounds like Beauty may have a reaction to the powder :( The vet treatment may be expensive but it works. Hope her scratching is alleviated soon, poor thing. If it was ants you'd see them, look closely for flea dirt and be vigorous but not harsh with a good comb. It's harder with Beauty coz she's dark, but use tissues to wipe the comb so you can check for dirt.

Phoenix
22-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I have never used powder on Posh, just the drops the vet gave me. Sounds like Beauty may have a reaction to the powder :( The vet treatment may be expensive but it works. Hope her scratching is alleviated soon, poor thing. If it was ants you'd see them, look closely for flea dirt and be vigorous but not harsh with a good comb. It's harder with Beauty coz she's dark, but use tissues to wipe the comb so you can check for dirt.

I only saw her scratching in the distance, when she was in the garden. So I couldn't go to check without alarming her.

JBalways2000
22-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Do you mind me asking which flea powder it was you used? in my experience anything that can be bought over the counter at a pet shop doesnt work. we use frontline spot on with my boys(though they dont really need it being indoor cats) and you get packs of those quite cheaply from online pet pharmacies so it might be an idea to try that next time for her incase she has had a reaction to the powder. i get a pack of 6 from vetuk for about £16 and that would do one cat for 6 to 7 months so well worth it.