PDA

View Full Version : Tilsie Persians Website

Kay
21-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I now have a website for my cats, I went and did a course one evening a week at the village school and this is a reslt of it.

If anyone wants a look the link is:- link removed

Hope you like it.

As the link has had to be removed if anyone wants to view my site you can get the link from my profile.

Jem
21-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Really nice website hun, it looks great. I did struggle to read the writing a bit though, sorry xx

Jem
21-05-2008, 02:21 PM
no i didn't i was impatient n didn't wait for the background to load sorry. Its a gorgeous website xxx

Kay
21-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks Jem glad you liked it. I am please about any input about it you get to the point that you see things that aren't there and don't see things that are.

angieh
21-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I am impressed that you went to evening classes to learn "how to do it". Something I would like to try, but don't know where to start. Well done Kay.

yola
21-05-2008, 02:44 PM
It's lovely, very pretty and I think it represents persians very well.

I would say if possible, take the music off - from personal and professional experience music on a website is not a good idea. Either that or have a very visible mute button so it can be turned off.

Well done on learning how to design a site though - that's something I've never mastered!

PoshPuss
21-05-2008, 02:59 PM
It's lovely Kay. Your cats are so photogenic, can't get Posh to look at the camera,well, rarely! And good luck with Ruby's little man, he's smashing :)

Kay
21-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone.

Yola, I like music on websites I think it enhances them. People can always turn it down or mute it on their PC. I am not sure how I would put a mute button on the website itself, didn't learn that on the course. Mind you I suppose they can teach everything it was only 10 weeks long. Thanks for the input though.

Posh, Mark takes most of the pictures and he used to be a professional photographer for the newspapers. The ones taken at the show he didn't take though. They were taken by either me, Fran or my friend Zoe. Glad you like the website.

Jac
21-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Kay
I love your web site. Congratulations. The only thing is and it's probably me having a blond moment but I couldn't open your your guest book to sign it.

Kay
21-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Sorry Jac forgot to say that someone is going to host my guestbook so it is not up and running yet. Should be ready in a couple of days. I will let you know when if you want to read it.

Jac
21-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes please. glad it wasnt me just being a dummy:lol:

Kay
21-05-2008, 04:01 PM
No problem, Jac.

charliebubs
21-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Beautiful website, Kay :)

I had it on mute, as I'm at work, so I can't comment on the music.

My only issue (if you can call it that!) is that the pages take a long time to fade in and out when you click on another page - I'm far too impatient!!!!! :roll: ;)

Kay
21-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Glad you like it Charlie. The pages don't take that long to fade in and out on my PC. It is only set at 20 sec fade I tried faster but you couldn't really tell there was a fade on it. Sorry.

Jac, and any one else that wants to sign it, the guestbook is working now.

charliebubs
22-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Could just be my work PC then Kay :roll: :roll:

I'll have another gander when I'm at home :)

It's beautiful though - love the olde worlde theme :)

Kay
22-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Charlie.

I love your description..... olde worlde:lol: :lol: .