PDA

View Full Version : Those pesky squirrels........

Mags
21-05-2008, 08:28 AM
................. are in trouble again!:o

This time they are arsonists!:-D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/7410553.stm

angieh
21-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I do really think the time has come for humans to do something about grey squirrels. I know that they look quite pretty but Mags' link above proves that they could be lethal! I would feel much happier if I looked out and saw a red squirrel eating the bird food, I could feel that it was welcome and not a robber!

Jac
21-05-2008, 03:27 PM
I feel the same way. They are destructive and extremely annoying. Do you think the insurance company will pay out or deem it an act of god?

angieh
21-05-2008, 04:06 PM
That could open up quite a theological debate - squirrel = God!!!

I'd hope that any claim would be treated as an electrical fault, but it does make you wonder about the small print.

dandysmom
21-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Why am I not surprised? This happens quite a bit here; also they cause power outages by getting electrocuted in the transformer box!!!!! Spawn of Satan!!!! (Yes, I'll get off my soapbox now.... Mags, you knew I'd respond to this one :-D )

angieh
21-05-2008, 04:54 PM
There Jac - at least we can count on Eileen to argue that squirrels have nothing to do with "Acts of God"!!!

Spawn of Satan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mags
21-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Why am I not surprised? This happens quite a bit here; also they cause power outages by getting electrocuted in the transformer box!!!!! Spawn of Satan!!!! (Yes, I'll get off my soapbox now.... Mags, you knew I'd respond to this one :-D )

I see squirrel and I think Eileen!!! :-D

dandysmom
21-05-2008, 07:39 PM
There Jac - at least we can count on Eileen to argue that squirrels have nothing to do with "Acts of God"!!!

Spawn of Satan :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one of the few expressions I can use referring to them on a family friendly forum! :-D

Moli
21-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Funny, I see squirrel, and think of you too DM!!

Emm
23-05-2008, 01:51 PM
well I love them - but I love all animals - and think humans are far more destructive and way more of a nuisance than any animal could ever be :)