PDA

View Full Version : Got something to say

kado
14-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I hope you will not all be mad at me. I know we only lost Kay on monday. My daughters asked us last night could we have another kitten. I feel some of you might say it is far too soon but for the sake of my little girls we have got 2 beautiful little boys. They where born on April 1st at 12.15am, probally to be called Chester and Troy. We had so much saddness on here i didnt know if i should tell you till later on but i didnt think that was right thing too do. They are both white and black. I will post some photos as soon as possible. They are not intended for a replacement for kay. She was such a special little girl and there will never be another one like her

jane

angieh
14-05-2008, 01:14 PM
How could I be mad at you? You have had a heartbreaking few days and I quite understand that you are acting quickly because of your children. It will help them to have new kittens in the house. Also, of course, you are giving a new home to the kitties who need one.

Look forward to seeing photos of the little ones!!!

kado
14-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks angieh

Lian
14-05-2008, 01:33 PM
No one should be mad, it is your decision and only you know how you and your girls are feeling right now.

Big hugs and can't wait to see piccies.

Lian x

benny
14-05-2008, 01:51 PM
KADO:
How could anyone be mad?? When my Murray died, it wasnt even a month and I had Miss Phoebe. She did not replace my Murray, only filled an empty spot in my heart. Good for you. Those new kitties have a new home, and a loving family. PICTURES PLEASE:-D

yola
14-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Jane, each person reacts differently to the loss of a pet, and nobody else is in a position to judge that reaction.

I can fully understand your reason for deciding to get 2 kittens, it will take your girls' minds of what has happened but it's also clear to see that you loved Kay dearly and that these 2 scamps are in no way intended to replace her.

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I have been there, done that! When my Siamese boy died unexpectedly, I was devastated; two days later I got my Aby Sultan. In no way was he a replacement, he was a kitten who needed a loving home and I had a cat-sized hole in my heart which he helped to fill! I got some flack from people who said "How could you", but they didn't understand. No one reacts to grief and loss the same way.

smudgley
14-05-2008, 04:52 PM
It's never too early to get another pet. Noone is mad at you. The new babies will help you all cope with the sadness you are feeling right now.

BUT we will be mad at you................if you don't post photos. :-D

MrsH
14-05-2008, 05:05 PM
We had to have 2 elderly cats put to sleep, both were terminal and we felt it was kinder for them to go together. We lasted just a couple of days after this before we went looking for kittens, not to replace Midge and Cleo, but because for the first time in 30+ years there were no four-footed friends in the house and it just didn't seem like our home any more.

It's never too soon to offer a home to other pets, if the time is right for you then it is right, no argument! Enjoy the new babies!

Elaine
14-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Aww Jane, I think thats lovely news, I cannt imagine why any one would be mad with you. It entirely your business when and why you get another kitty or two;)

Kazz
14-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Jealous maybe mad never. You do whats right for you and yours in when it right you know its right and obviously now was the right time.

Pictures please. And lovely names Chester and Troy, unusual Troy but very apt for a cat, I've always liked the name Chester.

So pictures come on where are they................

Moli
14-05-2008, 07:39 PM
No one would be mad with you, everyone is different...I lost my much loved siamese Sam, and got Oliver a few days later, He helped me come to terms with losing Sam....

babycakes
14-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think anyone will be mad at you it will ease your pain and your children's they will have a new focus. Chester and Troy are fantastic names too can't wait to meet them.

I would have done exactly the same, they are never a replacement for the lost cat but they fill a massive gap that is only replaceable with another cat

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I wish I'd been on this forum when I got Sultan so soon after the loss of my boy. People were so critical! Even after all these years it makes me feel better reading all of your responses! I might add that the people who were unpleasant were not cat people ....

Kazz
14-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I wish I'd been on this forum when I got Sultan so soon after the loss of my boy. People were so critical! Even after all these years it makes me feel better reading all of your responses! I might add that the people who were unpleasant were not cat people ....

Eileen we are not just cat people we are nice "common sense" people ;) apart from Mags who potters into the World of "extra common sense people" every now and again. :-D

angieh
14-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Eileen we are not just cat people we are nice "common sense" people ;) apart from Mags who potters into the World of "extra common sense people" every now and again. :-D

:D :D :D :D :-D

Kim
14-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I echo what everyone has said. Can't wait for pics!

bobbie3917
15-05-2008, 02:02 AM
only you and your family know when its right for you to get new kittens, if that is the next day or the next year as long as its ok with you

i cant wait to see them congrats

Steph
15-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I believe cat lovers have hearts big enough to keep every late and loved one special-they are not replaced-their passing opens a door for another to be rescued.

CathyW
15-05-2008, 06:07 PM
my monty was killed by a car on the 12th of feb, and a friend of mine her cat had kittens on the 14th feb, after 7 weeks i wanted so much to have another kitten, and went to veiw the kittens and came home with ronnie n reggie, they where the last 2 left, couldnt leave them.and reggie has similar traits to monty, for 1 hes a right mummys boy.
so i understand, :) u enjoy them ive seeen the pics they are adorable.

Kate S
15-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I lost my Stan on Tuesday suddenly to what we think was a heart attack. (Above picture). I am thinking about getting another one quite soon, do people think that it is a good idea?:lol:

Kazz
15-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I think it totaly depends on you and your circumstances, there are certainly lots of cats/kittens needing homes. You are in Daventry (Cov) Smudgley is not far from you who volunteers for CPL..."hint hint"

kado
15-05-2008, 07:06 PM
I was a bit worried on what people would say. I have had a few hisses from all the cats even the kittens. But today kado washed one of there heads and Guinness sat quiet close to them. I'm going to work on Simon who is pining for Kay. But i think it was the best descion i could of made. If you think its right its right.

jane

dandysmom
15-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Only you can answer that. If it feels too soon, then don't; but only if it feels too soon to you, not what you think others would say. And if the emptyness is too much, then give the love to another cat in need of a forever home! It's never ever a replacement cat, that's not possible, it's another cat ......

angieh
15-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Only you can answer that. If it feels too soon, then don't; but only if it feels too soon to you, not what you think others would say. And if the emptyness is too much, then give the love to another cat in need of a forever home! It's never ever a replacement cat, that's not possible, it's another cat ......

A perfect answer Eileen!

You have a cat sized hole in your heart and your home - nothing will fill it but another cat, not a replacement at all!