PDA

View Full Version : cuddles/surgery today, update

Tink
12-05-2008, 09:41 PM
well, i dropped off cuddles at eight thirty sharp. it's one thirty pm here now and i just called to get an update. they said they removed the tooth but they also had to end up doing a thyroidectemy. now i'm really worried. the receptionist said she thinks she's doing fine. when i initially dropped her off they said i could pick her up from three to five. .now the girl just said she "thinks" cuddles is okay..had a lot of "uhms" and "uh's" and said in a weird tone the doctor needs to talk to me and i should call back at three and we'll "see how it is then".
i'm really worried, you guys.:cry:

Moli
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I am sure if there had been any problems Tink, they would have wanted to see you right away.....Sending bucket loads of good vibes for Cuddle, and a Big Hug for you....xx

dandysmom
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
If she had to also have the thyroidectomy they might want to keep her in overnight for observation...that's a bit more serious than an extraction, I believe. Fingers crossed that Cuddles will be OK, Tink...hang in there and do let us know....(((hugs)))

babycakes
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I would think that the nurse is not allowed to give you any information good or bad without the doctors say so and you caught her on the hop, either that or she doesn't know how Cuddles is doing or who Cuddles is and was trying to wing it. (If not then she shouldn't be in the job as she is worrying you unnecessarily).

I hope Cuddles is doing ok and the thyroidectomy may mean that the doc needs to discuss medication with you in more detail when you get there.

Everything is crossed here today for you

Mags
12-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I hope Cuddles will be ok, Tink .........loads and loads of good vibes being sent to her and ((((hugs)))) to you ....xx

alexgirl73
12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
((hugs)) Tink, and hoping you get some news soon x

angieh
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
****HUGS**** Tink and those vibes a-plenty for Cuddles. Sincerely hope all will be well.

random
12-05-2008, 10:41 PM
All the best for cuddles Tink, i'm sure they would have said to come in right away if it was something very urgent, it will probably be about the thyroidectemy and explaining why they had to end up doing one. All the best. x

Mags
13-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Tink, is there any news on Cuddles today?

Tink
13-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Tink, is there any news on Cuddles today?

well, they kept her overnight and gave her iv fluids..my OH had to pick her up today because i had an important appointment..apparently they DID NOT do the thyroidectemy..the receptionist got it wrong..i am so irritated about that! they ended up removing TWO infected teeth and she has to be on meds the rest of her life..two pills a day for hyperthyroidism..
she's back to her normal self which i am so relieved about...still a little annoyed they worried me for no reason..oh well, at least she's okay which is what is important, right?

Mags
13-05-2008, 09:44 PM
So pleased you have her home again and I hope the meds make life a lot easier for her.

Extra Catsey cuddles for her tonight Tink!;)

Moli
13-05-2008, 09:46 PM
So relieved to hear she is home and recovering...Big cuddles from me too...

Tink
13-05-2008, 09:47 PM
oh and i forgot to mention..thank you for all your thoughts, vibes, and prayers...hugs to you all.

dandysmom
13-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm relieved she didn't need the operation, but it was dreadful to scare you unnecessarily like that, you must have worried all night! Oh well, the important thing is that she's home where she belongs and OK! Massive hugs to you both!

angieh
13-05-2008, 10:11 PM
All things considered Tink, it's very good news for Cuddles. A very great shame that you were worried unnecessarily, and also that you'll have to be pilling Cuddles every day but I have read that cats do really well on their medication for hyperthyroidism and she is home with you. So, lots of extra love and cuddles for Cuddles and ****HUGS**** for you too.

babycakes
13-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I had a feeling Tink because of the nurses hesitancy that she didn't really know what she was talking about.

Anyway not important, Cuddles is with her family and she is going to be ok. She will be feeling a lot better as those teeth must have been causing her horrendous pain.

Big cuddles for cuddles

Tink
13-05-2008, 10:34 PM
i recently had a tooth removed that was infected and i remember even though it was a little sore the relief that it was finally out..i'm so glad those darn things are outta there..LOL! and you're right at least she's home and okay..think i might lock the kids outta the room tonight and just have special time, me and her so she can cuddle me all night..she's a bit of a nervous one around others although no one ever tries to hurt her..i'm sure it didn't help that she could sense her health was not that great, i've read that can make an animal skittish as they know they are more vulnerable which makes sense to me...she got baby food and pedialyte when she got home mixed with kibble as the vet said she ate some hard food during her stay..that probably speaks volumes in itself.
very relieved all is taken care of and i've done all i can to make her comfortable and enjoy her golden years...phew.

babycakes
13-05-2008, 10:37 PM
well done Tink your a great mum to your babies and she will appreciate some special time X

yola
13-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Tink, your devotion to your animals is wonderful! Cuddles is just so lucky to have you to worry about her. I have to medicate one of my cats daily and it's not such a big deal - she's happier for it . . . so pleased Cuddles tooth extraction went OK - hopefully all her discomfort will be gone now and she'll be as good as new! :D

dandysmom
13-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Cuddles is one lucky girl that she came to you for her golden years; she's getting the love and attention that she missed on for so long, bless her! You are a wonderful carer for your animals.

Tink
13-05-2008, 11:11 PM
aww you are all very sweet..i just do what any mom would, really. it's interesting..with tigger's tumor i thought he'd be the one i'd be worrying about first..but the prednisone has really got it down and he's so feisty and full of attitude and demands which i kinda laugh at and equate with health. i only wish his condition was operable so i could have him around for a very long time...so now i'm pilling two cats daily...joy...hehehehe.

babycakes
14-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Sound like fun Tink, I have enough trouble worming Denis!!!

Any way how is Cuddles doing today?

Amber
14-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Don't know how I missed this thread Tink but glad that Cuddles came through her op ok!

I must admit when I began reading this thread and saw that you had been told a thyroidectomy had to be performed I was gobsmacked as there is absolutely no way a vet is allowed to perform an operation on an animal without the owners consent unless in a life threatening emergency situation. Glad that the nurse/receptionist got it wrong although it's hardly good practice to be telling clients things like that :shock:

Give Cuddles a gentle hug from me and fingers crossed she'll be a good girl for her tablets!

Tink
14-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Sound like fun Tink, I have enough trouble worming Denis!!!

Any way how is Cuddles doing today?

good! swallowed her pill like a good girl..still absolutely hates the amoxicillin but it's not too bad if i put half the dose in her mouth, hold her head back, rub her throat then do the other half after she swallows that..otherwise, there's projectile pink stuff everywhere:roll:
good interest in food..laid in my arms like a teddybear all night, the sweet thing.

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Bless her. sounds as if she's feeling a lot better with those painful teeth gone!

Mags
14-05-2008, 10:04 PM
good! swallowed her pill like a good girl..still absolutely hates the amoxicillin but it's not too bad if i put half the dose in her mouth, hold her head back, rub her throat then do the other half after she swallows that..otherwise, there's projectile pink stuff everywhere:roll:
good interest in food..laid in my arms like a teddybear all night, the sweet thing.

You wouldn't like to pop over here and give Cassie her worming pill, would you Tink? :-D

Tink
14-05-2008, 10:59 PM
You wouldn't like to pop over here and give Cassie her worming pill, would you Tink? :-D

sure! just need to fly me, three cats, and two ferrets over! deal?;) :D :D :D

babycakes
14-05-2008, 11:02 PM
What about the dogs? and OH? :roll:

Sounds like you have a majical touch with Cuddles and are providing her with much comfort;)

Mags
14-05-2008, 11:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:....