PDA

View Full Version : Chancer & her kittens

smudgley
11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I work in a fairly isolated place & there are no houses nearby. I saw a cat hanging around & noticed she was pregnant. I presumed she was feral. I set a trap for her & caught her straight away. I brought her home & released her from the trap into one of my pens. She had been making "miow" noises on the one hour journey home, which I thought was odd as I have never known a feral to miow before. She walked out of the trap & was quite inquisitive, which was odd if she was feral as they tend to fly to a corner & freeze, she then went straight into the litter tray, had a little push & delivered her first kitten. She seemed content & her eyes seemed kind so we gently moved her into a more appropriate place. We realised by this point she probably insn't feral at all.
She had 4 kittens - all fine & feeding well & she is happy for us to handle her / them. So I guess she may have been dumped there - who knows? She's not feral anyway which is good.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/smudgley/needtomovetofolders263.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/smudgley/needtomovetofolders270.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/smudgley/needtomovetofolders283.jpg

Erin
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Shes gorgeous,what a lovely little family,I just love tabbies :D

Mags
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
She's gorgeous and it seems you caught her just in time..:)

Will you be testing her to see if she has been chipped?

smudgley
11-05-2008, 06:27 PM
She's gorgeous and it seems you caught her just in time..:)

Will you be testing her to see if she has been chipped?

done that, no chip. :(

Mags
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
What a shame, another outcast :(

Kazz
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
She is simply gorgeous Smudgley, do you think she has just been out and about due to the nice weather she may have just roamed a little far or followed her owner if thy walked the dogs your way not sure how isolated you are at the GD centre.

Karen

Moli
11-05-2008, 07:33 PM
She is a darling, gorgeous kittens too...Thank goodness you saw her Smudgley...

smudgley
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
She is simply gorgeous Smudgley, do you think she has just been out and about due to the nice weather she may have just roamed a little far or followed her owner if thy walked the dogs your way not sure how isolated you are at the GD centre.

Karen

No it's very isolated really.

Where she was there are acres & acres of land, noone goes in there & no dogs are walked there. There are a couple of houses, but all are too far for a pregnant cat to belong to. When I asked other people at work, s few people had seen her within the past 2 weeks, but noone had ever seen her before that. She has been ripping open the rubbish bags and getting food from them. Also why would she choose to come to a busy place where there are 200 dogs on site at any one time :-D
I will ask around just incase, bt I'm thinking she's recently been dumped there. :(

Elaine
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Poor girl, so pleased you got her in when you did. All the best to her and her kittens xxx

Kazz
11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Sounds like she's dumped or maybe just maybe as she is so friendly she has hitched a ride ina car and got mislaid so to speak./

Kazz
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
But whatever the reason is she is and was lucky to have been "rescued" when she was, poor thing being out in the wild with kittens................:(

MrsH
11-05-2008, 09:05 PM
What a cute little family! How wonderful that you were able to trap her in time so that she could have her babies in a safe place. Not being feral will make it much easier for you to arrange a secure future for her too.

angieh
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
So glad for her and her lovely little family. Glad that she's a friendly cat and that you'll be able to find loving homes for her and her babies.

May the Great Cat bless you Smudgely!

dandysmom
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Beautiful mum cat, and lovely little ones; the Great Cat must have been looking out for her, Smudgley! How fortunate she could have her kits in a safe, warm place with food and care! Hope she and they can find forever homes ......

benny
12-05-2008, 02:26 AM
bless you for taking care of the kittie and her kitties. she knew where to come.