PDA

View Full Version : Stressed cats

pwpfrog
10-05-2008, 06:54 PM
OK, continuing tale of Xander...he's got the all clear for now from his cystitis but the collapsing leg problem, we've figured out...he's immobilising himself due to stress.

Worse thing is, it appears my 8 month old cat (Dru) is the one causing the stress.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of her, but I can't have Xander ill. I've seperated them today and Xander is showing signs of improvement already, but Dru doesn't like being alone so I'm having to stay upstairs with her.

I think the problem is that she wants to play like a kitten, but Xander and my other cat Cordy who are both five years old don't want to play. Cordy has even become quite agressive since Dru moved in.

I tried to introduce Dru in stages etc and they did seem to be getting on, but I thought wrong. Also, when Dru is amongst the others she is quite naughty (or maybe playful but she climbs curtains etc!) yet when she's upstrairs on her own with me she is an absolute model behaved cat!

I really don't know what to do, I cried all last night as I can't bear rehoming Dru but what other option do I have if it's affecting the others?

Elaine
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I am so sorry this is causing you so much upset and the cats too. I cannt think of any solutions other than re-introducing them again.
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/
Or contact Wizz, she's really good with cat behaviours etc and just be able to help or guide you.
Try to be possitive, you have found the cause now you need to find the solution.
All the best and do keep us posted.

pwpfrog
10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Elaine, the website looks quite helpful, I'll have a good read in a moment.

I've just had one thought, is it mating season now? Xander is the only male out of the 3 and they've all been spayed/neutered mind, but it might explain why they've got on before and not now maybe?