PDA

View Full Version : Laptop or PC?

Kazz
10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Okay people would you recommend a laptop or a PC? see not sure what I fancy, like the idea of a laptop so I can move it round with me but also I like my desktop.......... just wondered which you prefer and why?

Erin
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Okay people would you recommend a laptop or a PC? see not sure what I fancy, like the idea of a laptop so I can move it round with me but also I like my desktop.......... just wondered which you prefer and why?

I have a laptop Kazz and it is good that I can move it around and use it wherever I like,but I have to be honest and admit I miss having a PC.
Ill defo be getting another one at some point.
Not sure why really either,I just miss it :?

Sorry that wasnt very helpful at all was it :lol: :lol:

The plus side of you having a laptop wold be you could be sat out in your garden in weather like this and still be on catsey at the same time ;)

Kazz
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I think I would miss mine too Erin, I think its the "somewhere to go to be on computer" rather thana roamer.....all your stuff together.

This one is fine but may get a laptop and update/upgrade my PC.

Have the best of both worlds.

What do you think and you are always helpful...sometimes you talk rubbish but its always helpful rubbish ;)

Erin
10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Im glad i can be of help with my helpful rubbish Kazz :lol: :lol:

I think having both is a great idea,you can choose which one you use then depending on what mood your in.
Ill have another PC when I can afford it,ill keep my laptop to though for those nice summer days while im tanning myself in the back garden :lol: :lol:

Moli
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I have always had a laptop, mainly because its so compact and everything is in one....and it sits in my kitchen, a PC would take up far too much room...

Mags
10-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I like my Mac but have to say I quite fancy having a laptop as well :-D

benny
10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
laptop i can move around with it, and put it away out of site!!!:-D

Elaine
10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not overly fussed about laptops, I like my pc and desk, you can eat your tea, drink your beer and type all at the same time:lol:

yola
10-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I have had so many laptops (work and home) and they don't seem to last any time at all. I've also found them not to be very receptive to upgrades.

So for me it would have to be desktop everytime.

Kim
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I prefer a desktop, reasons Elaine said really. However, I can see the benefit of a laptop as it is portable. One night I took my daughters laptop to work with me to type out some minutes, very useful! I do find the mouse thingy hard to get used to though. For me it would be a desktop, but get both and have the best of both worlds!!!!!

angieh
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Desktop for working on absolutely. I find the keyboard and mouse on a laptop really hard work. I would like to have a laptop for emergencies, as there have been times when my pc got fried (lightening strike) and although my computer wizard saved my hard drive so nothing was actually lost, I would have been out of action if I had not been able to borrow a laptop.

Kate S
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a Apple Mac desk top and it is the best!

dandysmom
10-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Another Mac desktop here; would like to have a laptop to be able to go sit in the garden or on the porch in nice weather, but Apple is a bit expensive for something I'd probably only use in the Summer months.....

MrsH
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Desk-top here too. I can't balance a lap-top easily and type at the same time! If I put the lap-top on the coffee table then I'm in an uncomfortable position. Hubby uses the lap-top a lot more but moans that he'd rather use the desk-top but can never get on it because of me!

smudgley
10-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I use both and I think they both have advantages. :)
I often like to sit and work on the PC at my desk, but then I like the convenience and portability of my laptop.

Jules
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I have a PC but wouldnt mind a laptop as well, i think it all depends on what you want it for, pc's tend to be more powerfull and have bigger hard drives unless you go for the really expensive laptops.

If you do lots of downloading for example i would say get a pc, its not just about the space and mobility for me, its the power of the computer.

So, all depends on what you want to use it for and how much you want to spend :D