PDA

View Full Version : Our local cat rescue is full.

angieh
09-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I did not see this news item on local TV about 2 or 3 nights ago but my OH told me that our local cat rescue is full to bursting with cats and kittens. They can take no more in. They cited two instances where people bought their cats in and the excuses they gave for wanting to give them up. One said that as they were Catholic they didn't believe in having their cat spayed and another person said that the cat didn't go with her new furniture. UNBELIEVABLE!

Elaine
09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Those poor poor kitties, I really despair of people sometimes.

Moli
09-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Unbelievable!!!!!will it ever stop!

Fran
09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
One said that as they were Catholic they didn't believe in having their cat spayed and another person said that the cat didn't go with her new furniture. UNBELIEVABLE!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

smudgley
10-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Lots of rescues are full.
Our CP branch is overflowing with cats.
I said I needed a break from the fostering as it's so time consuming & with my new job which is less flexible it's hard to fit everything in. I said I'd just have 1 or 2 pens in use at a time. However it is so hard to say no & so with the one I trapped today that will be all 4 of my pens full up again. :roll:

Moli
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
The CP in my area is also full....I wonder if we will ever educate people......will it ever be any better.

angieh
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
This could hold out a bit of hope in the feral population anyway -

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080219132149.htm

I've always wondered why grey squirrels aren't fed birth control. Might give our resident reds a chance to make a bit of a comeback!

dandysmom
10-05-2008, 01:35 AM
"Doesn't match the furniture..."! ...boggles the mind, doesn't it...:shock: :(

yola
10-05-2008, 09:21 AM
This kind of thing is SO sad. We too have far to many cats and kittens in our CP. I thought we were animal lovers??? :?

babycakes
10-05-2008, 09:53 AM
The caterry where I take Denis often has cats left behind and they are pedigrees too. One lady she managed to track down said it was because he didn't go with the furniture!!!!

nursecroft
10-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Im in Hampshire, which rescue is it?

Thats awful, i found an ad on freeads the other day, a girl had posted that she had just got a 6 month old black cat but didnt have time to look after it anymore and was going abroad!! Cant believe how some people take on cats with no intention of keeping them for life :shock: it would break my heart to rehome Betz i just dont know how they can do it.

dandysmom
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
If there is reincarnation, I hope people like that will come back as mice .......

angieh
10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
If there is reincarnation, I hope people like that will come back as mice .......

That would be justified retribution, I should say.

maria edwards
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Hello If this helps
I know of a rescue that will take any pedigree cat age disfigurement no problem
based in Cornwall but take in / rehome any area
email jewell296@btintenet.com
posh puss rescue-01326 560536

angieh
11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Im in Hampshire, which rescue is it?

Thats awful, i found an ad on freeads the other day, a girl had posted that she had just got a 6 month old black cat but didnt have time to look after it anymore and was going abroad!! Cant believe how some people take on cats with no intention of keeping them for life :shock: it would break my heart to rehome Betz i just dont know how they can do it.

The rescue is at Siddlesham near Chichester - I live on West Sussex/Hampshire border.

Regarding your freead story, I can't believe that people do such things - but they obviously do! Sometimes circumstances arise that are out of an individual's control, but generally people just need to think and treat animals with respect, let alone love.

Yes, reincarnation as mice sounds like the very best punishment - although probably that's not treating mice very respectfully!

dandysmom
11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
That makes me feel a bit better about the mice Leia has caught! I feel sorry for the little things, but don't care to share the house with them. In future I'll assume that the ones she catches are the reincarnated unkind people fulfilling their karma!! :-D

angieh
11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Maria Edwards! You've tried to creep in under the radar! I hope you won't mind, but I have asked Mags, one of our moderators if she thinks that your useful information might be more appropriately placed somewhere else. Otherwise it will get "lost" when this particular thread stops getting new posts.

Welcome!

maria edwards
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Hello
No problem at all hope you didn't mind me mentioning the rescue ,thought it might help a cat in need thanks for your time maria

angieh
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello again Maria - Mags, our Moderator has replied that as we don't hold a list of Rescue Centres as such on Catsey and your post is already in the "Rescue" section, she does not think there is anywhere else it could go.

If you are personally connected with the particular Rescue Centre you mention, I am sure that you could always start a new thread and tell us about your work there. We always like to hear about peoples' involvement with cat rescue and have several members who are involved with CP or one of the various pedigree re-homing organisations.

Good luck - hope you are enjoying reading some of the posts here and that you will feel like telling us about yourself sometime! :D

angieh
12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
That makes me feel a bit better about the mice Leia has caught! I feel sorry for the little things, but don't care to share the house with them. In future I'll assume that the ones she catches are the reincarnated unkind people fulfilling their karma!! :-D

An excellent way of looking at it Eileen!

nursecroft
12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I nearly posted the freead link to it but thought better of it! Its sad i do see alot of those ads, not just cats either, some people treat animals as belongings that they can just get rid of when they want. No wonder these rescues are so full :(