PDA

View Full Version : My missing cat

Stardust
09-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi all on this forum. I'm posting this first time message for advice on my lost cat, Mitzi. She disappeared almost three weeks ago, is needy, on medication for seizures, ten years old, and very affectionate, though extremely timid with strangers. She was frightened by the sudden appearance of a dog in our mews gardens - her companion cat, Dolly, ran towards our house, but Mitzi ran in the wrong direction. We posted flyers, phoned vets, put up posters, spoke to everyone who might have seen her, and then after two weeks, on May 5th we heard she'd visited a courtyard some streets away, twice. I took her dish and some food around and the following day she visited again and a photograph was taken of her feeding, so it was confirmed it was Mitzi. A trap from the Cat's Protection was set up, also things with scents of home in an attempt to lure her, but she hasn't visited since then. Strangely, I'm more in despair than if she hadn't been seen around because she looked ragged and thinner and I just wanted to scoop her up and hold her. Is it likely, or more than likely, or less likely that she'll return to the courtyard - it's out of her scent trail from here, but she was clever to have found the area as it's quiet and no dogs. I'm desperate for hope, please advise.

Stardust

Elaine
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh I am so sorry to read that your poor kitty is missing. Are there any sheds in that courtyard that she may have got locked in? Dont give up hope just yet, cats tend to stay close to a food source. I'd keep putting up posters in that area and keep asking and going round with food. It may be that some one has taken her in???
I wish you and your cat all my love and best wishes for her safe return. xxx

angieh
09-05-2008, 12:15 PM
So sorry to hear this story Stardust. Don't give up hope. Sounds like you have done everything, just keep at it and don't give up. Very distressing for you and we do all sympathise I'm sure. ***HUGS***

charliebubs
09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I hope that Mitzi finds her way home soon.

I'd keep up with the posters and flyers as it's possible that someone has taken to feeding her - especially if she was looking a bit thin.

Don't give up hope.

Mags
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear Mitzi is missing, I hope she returns home soon..

This link will give you some ideas to help you find her....

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

Please update us with any news of her..

yola
09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this - there's so much pain in your post :( I can't add any more except keep on trying! The sightings are good, and you should keep raising awareness in that local by repeat postings through letterboxes (with an apology for the onslaught). But I'm sure most people will be fully understanding.

Hugs and lots of luck in being reunited with Mitzi.

Fran
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm so sorry you have joined us under such sad circumstances. I have everything crossed here for Mitzi's safe return. Please let us know how you get on...

PoshPuss
09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I truly hope you are reunited with Mitzi soon. I trust that she is safe and well and that the kind folks in your area will spread the word about her then maybe she'll be caught and returned. Good luck and you are in our prayers.

babycakes
09-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome to Catsey, I'm so sorry it is in such sad circumstances.

Keep looking for Mitzy I'm sure you will find her, everything is crossed here for you and keep us informed.

Stardust
10-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Thank you for the comfort of this zone. I go on holiday on Tuesday and so will be away for a fortnight. I'm afraid I'd rather not be going under the circumstances, but people are staying behind to look out for her. Thank you, again.