PDA

View Full Version : Tom cat upsetting my mates!!

Kate S
07-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Recently I have noticed the behavior of all of my cats change. Most of them use the back garden to play and thats where I like them to be but there has been a tom cat in the garden leaving his mark and as far as I know he has reached the cat flap. Stan the only male that I have stays mostly out the front. He is always wanting to go out the front door and come in the front door so the back garden is not his territory and so this tom is the ruler. He does not look nice and he scares the two girls and I want to get rid of him. Is there anything that I can do to help keep him out or to try and change it in to being Stans territory so the girls can go out and not be scared by him? I want to be able to leave the cat flap open for the girls to come and go but i am worried that this Tom may start to enter the house when I am not around. I don't know if he did last night as they were all having a good old sniff round the doors this morning. Help please?

dandysmom
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Some members here have had the problem of a whole tom coming in the cat flap, eating food, scaring the resident cats and spraying in their houses!! Do you have the sort of cat flap that requires a magnet to work? Other than lurking in your garden with a water pistol to deter him I really don't have any suggestions. Hope someone with experience of this will be on soon with some ideas for you....