PDA

View Full Version : not so good news

Tink
06-05-2008, 06:15 PM
cuddles, the 17 year old i took in march first, may have to be put down soon.
i'm to upset to explain all the details..will update later what is happening:cry:
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm211/darkpixietink/babies3.jpg

Moli
06-05-2008, 06:17 PM
So sorry to be reading this Tink....We are all hear when you feel like talking....Take Care...Hugs....xx

Kazz
06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear this take care of yourself.

Mags
06-05-2008, 06:58 PM
So sorry to hear it's bad news. :( Stay strong Tink, remember you have given Cuddles lots of love and companionship since you took her on a few months ago.

Take care, we are always here for you .....((((hugs)))) x

Fran
06-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear this news :(

dandysmom
06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh Tink, so sorry! But she has known nothing but comfort and love since she's been with you.....we are here when you feel like talking; (((hugs)))

Elaine
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry to read this Tink xxx

CathyW
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
so sorry to hear,

angieh
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
So sorry to hear this bad news Tink. You know we're all here for you when you want to tell us about it. ***HUGS***

babycakes
06-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear this Tink, if its time for Cuddles then you are doing the right thing and when you want to talk we are here. XXXX

Tink
07-05-2008, 09:28 PM
will be at the vet in two hours to have a discussion so i can go with my instinct about what is best for cuddles..i am going to try to do what i can to ensure she is comfortable and happy...wish me luck, will let you know what happens when i get home. i would like to avoid euthanasia if it's possible without causing her pain or stress..i hope i have good news when i come home.

dandysmom
07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Luck, Tink! Will be thinking of you and Cuddles .....

Mags
07-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Good luck to you and Cuddles, Tink. (((hugs)))

Tink
09-05-2008, 07:20 AM
sorry been so vague and distant guys...i have to wait for more bloodwork in the am..which is about nine hours away..and see what the results say..argh. i am major stressed right now but there is a chance that it's an easy fix. and oh yeah, about the eye, she's blind in that eye..if you remember my post about that. prob was a stroke, nothing can do for it. majorly infected tooth with the root exposed and gums receded..on antibiotics..drilled off the plaque and she was bleeding..vomited and urinated out of fear..dramatically lost weight..trouble eating, etc. won't know if she can survive sedation to cure..and if infection has spread to heart...hope bloodwork comes back okay tomorrow...sorry been so stressed everything is happening at once for me right now and haven't been able to post and my brain is fried. she's down to six pounds, if loses more may have to force feed.

Fran
09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Everything crossed here for her Tink {{{Hugs}}}

Elaine
09-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Poor baby xxx Have everything crossed here xxx

Mags
09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Thinking of you and Cuddles, Tink ...... have fingers crossed for her.. (((hugs)))

angieh
09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh very sad Tink. Thinking of you and cuddles today. You're a strong woman and we all know that you will do the best for cuddles. ****HUGS****

PoshPuss
09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles Tink. You and Cuddles are in my prayers.

dandysmom
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh Tink! Praying hard ....

Tink
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM
thank you all. some good news but i'm a bit nervous too. the vet says her bloodwork says her liver enzymes are up but at a normal amount for her age. however, she has hypothyroidism which is contributing to the weight loss. i have scheduled her to have the infected tooth removed monday morning..while she is under sedation, the doctor will palpate for a growth on the thyroid..if there is one, i have given the go ahead to remove it since she said med therapy would only go so far and all systems and organs would start shutting down if there is one present like she suspects.
cuddles is very talkative today. couldn't get her to eat well then realized i had some chicken baby food in the cupboard. i mixed it up and she ate most of it!!! i'm off to the store to stock up on some more..at least she will have SOMETHING in her stomach!
i just hope all goes smoothly on monday..maybe there won't even be a growth and i'll just need to start her on thyroid meds and it'll just be the tooth removal? that'd be the best case scenario. but i'll be relieved to have a growth removed if that really is causing all the trouble.
sorry to ask for vibes again but she may need them monday morning...also, let's hope she at least keeps eating the baby food up!

Mags
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Tink, you are doing your very best for Cuddles and that's all anyone can ask...

Buckets full of good vibes are on their way across the Pond to Cuddles...(((hugs)))x

Tink
09-05-2008, 06:21 PM
thanx mags, i feel so hesitant to give the go ahead to take out a growth if there is one but she assured me she should pull through by what her bloodwork shows...just so touchy with one this age, you know?

Moli
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Heaps of good vibes coming for Cuddles.....Hugs to you too...xx

dandysmom
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Truckload of good vibes for Cuddles, and hugs for you! Hope she keeps eating, that's so important; baby food was a good idea. Hang in there, you're doing all you can.........and you know we all are thinking of you!

angieh
09-05-2008, 08:15 PM
May the Great Cat look with affection on Cuddles and you too Tink. Vibes aplenty coming over - Merlin has been saying his best healing spells today!

babycakes
09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Cuddles is very lucky to be with someone who cares so much for her You will do what is best for her Tink I have no doubt in that.

Millions and millions of healing vibes coming your way and big stay strong vibes for you too XXX