PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bird

random
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I found a baby bird today, well, I found an egg which had obviously been stolen from a nest, God only knows where as it was no where near any bushes or trees or anything sadly. Anyway my wee lad found it and on closer inspection I saw that it was moving! So after he literally hatched in my hand I have what I think is a wee blackbird, although it could be a starling. I think his chances are pretty slim due to his entrance into the world and his age but i'm trying my best with him and if he makes it through the night i'll get some handrearing food tomorrow for him although he's not looking too good right now sadly. Anyway thought you might be interested in seeing him.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/fone24-04-08049.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/fone24-04-08050.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/fone24-04-08051.jpg

random
05-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Aww just lost him, poor wee thing. x

dandysmom
05-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh the poor wee thing! Think the odds aren't in his favor, but I hope he does make it through the night. Bless you for trying! Quite an experience having it hatch like that, and what a good idea to include the coin for scale......

Edited: awww, he passed while I was typing...:(

Mags
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
So sorry the little bird didn't make it Random, his chances really were slim.

Bless you for trying to help him anyway, many people just wouldn't have bothered..:(

random
05-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh the poor wee thing! Think the odds aren't in his favor, but I hope he does make it through the night. Bless you for trying! Quite an experience having it hatch like that, and what a good idea to include the coin for scale......

Edited: awww, he passed while I was typing...:(

So sorry the little bird didn't make it Random, his chances really were slim.

Bless you for trying to help him anyway, many people just wouldn't have bothered..:(

Thank you both, I think the odds were just stacked against him but he put up a good fight bless his wee soul. I couldn't have just left him, Eileen you know I can't even leave a plant never mind a baby bird! At least he was warm and comfortable and went in his sleep.

Moli
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Poor little thing, he did not have a chance...But it was good of you to try Random...

dandysmom
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you both, I think the odds were just stacked against him but he put up a good fight bless his wee soul. I couldn't have just left him, Eileen you know I can't even leave a plant never mind a baby bird! At least he was warm and comfortable and went in his sleep.

The way some of my cats went, and the way I want to go myself!!!

babycakes
06-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Aww poor littel thing Random, you tried and thsts the main thing

angieh
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Ah the poor wee mite. There wasn't much hope for it, was there? Good for you for trying though.

Kim
07-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Poor little mite, at least you tried and at least he died warm and comfy and not in the mouth of a cat.

random
07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone. x