PDA

View Full Version : My garden today

Kazz
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
After a little bit of work in the garden excuse the mess please, and the tubs of fence paint etc. As you may be able to see have finished doing the fence now I've gone green :-D

Again apologies for the mess.

Tess in the middle of the pots, has to get in and check things out that one :) As you can see the Copper Birch has grown, and Norman the Gnome in the right hand corner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-5-500011.jpg

The fence that keeps the bee's safe from Tess or vice versa......;) and the little Acer in the pot at the front one of his best years so far. Eric and Ernie (red acers) behind doing well. Excuse the mess of the bricks round the edge that will be resolved shortly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-5-500007.jpg

And the supervisor of the job Sal looking a little grey, plus she'd just woken up how she sleep in that chair is beyond e but she leans right back her back against the back of the chair and her front legs up in the air.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2008-5-500006.jpg

Kazz
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
As you can see the block paving I did last year has held up well its much more user friendly for a small garden than grass, especialy for the dogs. And small people with tricycles and dolls pams.;)

alexgirl73
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I love your shrubs Karen, so colourful and mature. I will take some pics of my plants etc next week when the garden dries out a bit and we can get the grass cut!

Mags
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
It looks lovely Kazz! Very neat and labour saving now........ seems like you've done all the hard work over the last year, now you can ease up and enjoy it..:D

EmmaG
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Looking very nice Kazz!!! you should be proud of yourself.

Kazz
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Not sure about Proud but I do know the garden is better without the grass....the pots are like mini size gardens and as it warms up the garden should spring into flower.

Following on from the radiotheraphy the year before last I kinda decided that the garden needed to be easier to manage now rather than get out of hand.

There will be a small shed on the 50p slabs where the pots and Tess are standing, and another shed that will be a potting shed.

Pluse the garden furniture put out. It suits me and the dogs.

Annestaff
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
You've got a lovely organised garden Kazz, I'm so jelous. Mines been staffied and I give up :lol:

yola
06-05-2008, 01:42 PM
As you can see the block paving I did last year has held up well its much more user friendly for a small garden than grass, especialy for the dogs. And small people with tricycles and dolls pams.;)

That's a great little garden, I love the creative use of fencing and the different uses of paving to make the 'zones'.

I too have mine completely paved as a north facing garden, grass and 2 small boys don't really go together.

Kazz
06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
You've got a lovely organised garden Kazz, I'm so jelous. Mines been staffied and I give up :lol:

Anne that is far from an excuse and you know it :roll: my two have the run of the garden and the house and it has been staffied but only to the extent that the dogs have the un of it, had to section off the flower bit because of Tess and her bee/wasp allergy, keeps my mind at rest she is not bothering them.

And the paving is great for football chasing round the garden. And its so easy to keep clean (dog mess wise) and it it jet washed down twice a week with the powerful jet washer and rinsed with the hose every day. Perfect for people and dogs to enjoy.

Kazz
06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
That's a great little garden, I love the creative use of fencing and the different uses of paving to make the 'zones'.

I too have mine completely paved as a north facing garden, grass and 2 small boys don't really go together.

Thank you Yola, it is the best use of space for us, people dogs and visitors. Easy to keep clean and perfect for all.
And you can get a decent length of skipping rope going to and you can easily fit the table tennis table out there. And can easily get to cars in and still do the above and move around with ease.

random
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Awww, that's pretty Kazz, especially Sal! :lol:

dandysmom
06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
That's really lovely; so well laid out, and as you said, lower maintenance but looking great! I agree about grass, so glad I put flagstones down in the front!