PDA

View Full Version : Wet food-how much?

JBalways2000
05-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I have decided to definately get my boys on a wet/dry food diet instead of entirely dry after Raven having a urine infection i would just prefer to keep the risks of this happening again lower. i have been looking at all the different wet foods and have decided its between hi-life, natures menu or applaws. I picked up a box of Hi-life for them to try and they had a 1/4 of a pouch each last night to wean them onto it and they seemed to enjoy it. i am edging more towards Hi-life as it is more readily available for me from my local supermarket so will be easier.

im still not decided properly though as i have been looking at applaws online today and it seems a very good food. however, the price isnt very appealing :shock: i cant find out how much the recommended amount of wet food per day is? at the moment the boys all get around 65g of dry food a day split into two meals, so if i changed that to one 35g dry food meal a day how much wet food would be right to give? 1/2 a pouch? a full pouch? i want to make sure i am feeding them enough :oops: all the boys are chunky apart from Hernie who has always had a skinny bum and doesnt look like that is going to change bless him.

as for the applaws tins, if i were to get the 156g tin would half each be enough along with one dry food meal? im so used to giving just dry that ive forgot how much wet food is necessary :oops: