PDA

View Full Version : cystitis - other symptons?

pwpfrog
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi

I posted up a thread the other week about my cats unusual litter behaviour and the vet has diagnosed cystitis.

Xander has perked up a bit since taking his medicine but I am convinced he has something wrong with his back leg but no-one else seems to believe me!

Twice now after I've picked up him, upon placing him back down (very gently and very very near to the floor) his legs have just gave way and he's just lay on the floor. He's only down for about 30 seconds if that, and then he's walking again, but his legs are most definitly giving way.

I've been thinking he's been limping for a while now, and he has got a cyst on his rear hind quarters near the dodgy leg, do you think this can have anything to do with it?

My vet has said his leg is fine, but it's really upsetting me. The wierd thing is it doesn't happen when my partner picks him up or when he's in the room. I'm trying to avoid picking Xander up at all to be honest, but has anyone ever encountered this?

dandysmom
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
That is very strange; have never heard of a symptom like that associated with cystitis. Is it possible to get a second opinion? I'm surprised your vet doesn't seem concerned ........

Elaine
06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
How very odd. Has no one else witnessed this limp? And does he only fall over when you have picked him up? I know you have already said these things but it just all sounds very odd. Either the cat has you well trained for sympathy cuddles or there is something more going on that others are ignoring.
If you are certain there is something going on then personally, I'd seek a second opinion.
Let us know how things go.

pwpfrog
07-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi

I think my other half now agrees with me that his legs seemed to give way, but he doesn't want to admit it to stop me panicking!!!!

Xander has a check up on Friday so I'll let everyone know the outcome!!!

yola
07-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Good luck with the vet! I would certainly be a little concerned if a cat of mine was displaying those symptoms.

I would really insist that they look into this more closely for you.