PDA

View Full Version : Moving house.

random
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
As some of you (from dogsey) may know, i'm moving house and Princess will be staying here with my dad and sister. Not sure how i'm going to handle that as she is like one of my own, although i'll still see her all the time, she's just a bit special because of her condition, I just hope she doesn't miss my lot too much as you know we lost Jennie not long ago so when I go she will be the only cat in the house. Just wondered if anyone had any advice on that aspect. I'm sure she would get used to it in time but I was thinking of leaving Kiara (her best pal) behind for a few weeks 'til she settles without the other cats and dogs, or not sure if it would be better to make a clean break altogether?

dandysmom
04-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I've never faced that situation, Random; I think if it were me I'd just leave her; it might prolong the adjustment if everyone left but Kiara, and then Kiara left too......

random
04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I've never faced that situation, Random; I think if it were me I'd just leave her; it might prolong the adjustment if everyone left but Kiara, and then Kiara left too......

I'm of the same thinking, I just know she will pine for a while though bless her.

Moli
04-05-2008, 08:57 PM
You never know with cats, she may miss the others, or she may love being the only one and getting all the attention....

angieh
04-05-2008, 11:28 PM
You could leave an old jumper of something of the sort with your scent on it for Princess to cuddle if she's pining. Are you moving far away?

random
04-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks everyone.

You could leave an old jumper of something of the sort with your scent on it for Princess to cuddle if she's pining. Are you moving far away?

Not really, about 2 miles, lol.

dandysmom
05-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Slightly off topic, but are the aloes moving too....? :-D

random
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Slightly off topic, but are the aloes moving too....? :-D

ONE is Eileen! I must learn to be ruthless with it! :-D

dandysmom
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
As the song goes, "one is the loneliest number ....." :-D

random
09-05-2008, 09:41 PM
As the song goes, "one is the loneliest number ....." :-D

No no no! One is absolutely fine, plus it has 3 cacti pals amongst others! (You know you have lost the plot when you start anthropomorphising a plant! :-D)

angieh
09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
No no no! One is absolutely fine, plus it has 3 cacti pals amongst others! (You know you have lost the plot when you start anthropomorphising a plant! :-D)

:-D :-D :-D :-D

But I do talk to my plants all the time!!! Which sign of madness is that I wonder?

random
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
:-D :-D :-D :-D

But I do talk to my plants all the time!!! Which sign of madness is that I wonder?

So do I and and even worse, i'm concerned that it's saved the life of one of my cacti! :shock: :-D

Elaine
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I hope the move goes well and that Princess will settle alright with out the others. xxx

random
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I hope the move goes well and that Princess will settle alright with out the others. xxx
Thanks Elaine, i've decided to just make a clean break and take them all together and see how she gets on but if not she can always come and stay with me, I don't mind in the slightest! ;) :-D