PDA

View Full Version : Boys or girls

Kazz
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Come on then people while at the voting station I was chatting to a lady who was followed by her cat and we got chatting as you do. And she said Toms are more loving then girls...............do you agree or disagree????

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
My lifetime: 4 toms, 3 girls = toms by a landslide!

MrsH
01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
We've had 5 girls and Jason is our first tom, so I don't know how typical his behaviour is.

He's always up for a tummy-rub, runs to greet us when we return home and has recently started winding round our ankles, none of which his sister does.

Of the girls we've had in the past some have been a lot more loving than Jason is, he's no lap-cat and doesn't much like being held for instance. So, I think I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

Archer
01-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Toms by a mile!!

babycakes
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Toms are mummys boys, oh and daddys boys but queens are more selective to who they give cuddles to

Erin
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Jerry and Milo are alot more loving than Tink,she would rather be out looking for things with feathers :roll: :lol:

EmmaG
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Got to agree Arthur is more loving than Bronwyn.

yola
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I have to go with the overall consensus; I've had/got 4 boy-cats and one girlie. Whereas the girl is a real doll she's really 'contained' and only very occasionally comes out of her shell for a fuss . . . the boys - well apart from Balie-the-oddball, all the others have been complete sluts :-D

angieh
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I've only had one of each. Merlin always wants to be with people, Smudge was happy to be on her own. I think she was typical in that she would give affection when she wanted to, but the quality of that affection was just so gentle and I still miss sitting here at the computer with her sitting beside me on the desk, holding one of my fingers in her claws. Ah Smudge, I still miss you!

But generally, I think Toms!

Elaine
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I have only ever had one female kitty, the rest have always been males, although Eva is very loving in her own way, the boys have always been big soft lap cats.
Might be a bit unfair of me to vote for the toms since I only really have the experience of one female but I have voted based on my experience.

random
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
My girls (bar Princess bless her) are very affectionate, but the boys are borderline obsessive! :lol:

babycakes
02-05-2008, 09:38 PM
My friend has 5 cats and the girls are not bothered at all the boys come running for a cuddle

Lian
06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Interesting thread, I've never actually owned a tom before but we said if we ever get more british shorthairs we'll get a tom. My two girls are totally different, Tara will have a fuss any time whereas Kia has to be in the mood so I'm not convinced it is a sex thing, more personality?

Lian x

Fran
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Having owned cats for well over 20 years and having had both sexes, in the main I prefer boys. I've had one really special girl but on the whole, I find girls much more aloof than the boys, who in my experience are much more cuddly and loving. I guess everyone has different experiences :lol:

dandysmom
06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I've not had as many as Fran: 4 toms, 3 girls, but agree with her completely ......