PDA

View Full Version : Poorly Jerry

Erin
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I noticed this morning Jerry was going in and out of the litter trays alot and only passing a small amount of urine.
By this afternoon he was hardly passing any at all.
Took him to the vets this evening,she couldnt feel any blockage but Jerry was is some pain (he hissed at her and nearly took her eyes out,this was right after she was saying how good he was being :roll: :lol:) so he has had a antibiotic and pain reliefe injection,I have to give him cystaid twice a day and metacam.
Hes not going to be very impressed because Im going to have to have him shut in the bedroom with me tonight with a tray so I can see if has used it at all,if he doesnt go by tomorrow I have to take him back in (fingers crossed he does a wee please!!),if he does go I just have to take him back in for a checkup on sat.
My poor baby is very sleepy from the injections and hates me at the moment :(

Moli
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
My poor baby, doubt he hates you Erin, he is probably uncomfortable....fingers crossed he is better tomorrow...Catsey cats seem to be taking it in turns at the mo to go to the vets!!
Big Hugs and heling vibes coming your way...

Elaine
01-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Poor Jerry, he doesnt hate you chum, give him cuddles from me please and his loving mrs sends him a fluffy headbutt xxx

Kazz
01-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Erin cats dont understand hate he does not hate you he trusts you ore than anyone in the World.....all the times I did horrible things to my two neither held any grudges at all.

Will pray for a wee ;)

Karen

Erin
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks all,Jerry send hugs to all of you and great big fluffy headbutt right back to Eva :D

angieh
01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Healing vibes by the bucket load for Jerry. Merlin is sending his usual purrrrrrrrrrrrs. Must be so uncomfortable for him - you know he doesn't hate you Erin! As soon as the anti inflammatory and anti bios take effect, he'll wee, you'll see with that little smile of relief on his face. :) :) :)

Erin
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks angie :D

Just gave him his cystaid,he ate half of his food then i think he realised that something wasnt quite right cause hes turning his nose up at it now :lol: ill try him again with the rest of it later

Mags
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I hope he'll feel easier tomorrow Erin, poor boy doesn't understand why he's hurting and is feeling miserable. He'll be fine again with you very soon..;)

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Poor baby, cystitis is no fun and he's in discomfort. If we could only explain to them......
Sending weeing vibes by the truckload!!

alexgirl73
01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
awwww, poor Jerry! I remember how worried I was when Broxi was like this last year Erin, but he'll be fine!! Big ((hugs)) to both of you xx

MrsH
01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Poor Jerry, hope the medication soon takes effect and he starts feeling a lot more comfortable.

babycakes
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Poor Jerry hope he is feeling better soon, big kisses from me and Denis X

Erin
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks all :D
Still no wee yet,hopefully he will go during the night though

Erin
02-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I was a still a little worried when I got up this morning because there was only 1 tiny little wee in the tray.
But I fed them this morning,Jerry was left in the bedroom with the other tray,Ive just been in to check him and.......

we have a great BIG wee!!!!:pom :pom :pom :pom :lol:

Poor baby must have been burtsing!!!

yola
02-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Well done Jerry!!! Hopefully the problem's going to resolve itself now! Phew Erin, that must be a weight off your mind :D

Mags
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Well done Jerry, that must be a weight off his.........bladder!:D

Erin
02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Dont celebrate for too long ladies,hes back to tray hopping now and only doing little bits again :?
I have just been sat down stairs and hes gone round all 4 of the trays did notinging in 2 of them and 2 tiny little wees in the other 2. I bet the injections have worn off now but I cant give him any metacam untill tonight.poor baby

angieh
02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
That's the other part of cystitis as I remember - either not being able to wee, or wanting to do a wee with nothing to wee with!

yola
02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
That's the other part of cystitis as I remember - either not being able to wee, or wanting to do a wee with nothing to wee with!

Oh, don't!! I used to get it all the time . . . horrible, horrible thing :mad: Poor Jerry won't be getting what's going on. Could the vet not prescribe some anti-biotics? I know Balie used to get given broad-spectrum ABs to treat his cystitis when it flared up.

Erin
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Yeah it is just have to wait for the cystaid to start working,hes only had 2 lots so far so hopefully by tomorrow he will start to find it easier

Oh, don't!! I used to get it all the time . . . horrible, horrible thing :mad: Poor Jerry won't be getting what's going on. Could the vet not prescribe some anti-biotics? I know Balie used to get given broad-spectrum ABs to treat his cystitis when it flared up.

Nasty isnt it,I used to suffer with it alot too,infact got a bout of it while I was at Elaines.
He was given a antibiotic injection along with a painkiller injection while at the vets yesterday. He has the cystaid too and metacam so should start to feel better soon

dandysmom
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Poor Jerry! Did the test results show it was a infection? I ask because when Leia had it they first put her on antibiotics, than changed to anti inflammatories instead because she didn't have an infection. Give him a cuddle for me!

babycakes
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Aww poor Jerry,He must be so uncomfortable. I hope he is settling soon

Erin
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Jerry went back to the vets this morning,the vet was really good,he had a feel and it was very obvious that my baby is still in some pain as he had a growl again :lol:
He has been given a steriod and a penicillin injection and I have to keep him on the cistaid.
The vet said that if he hasnt improved by Wednesday to take him back down but that he was 98% sure he would be greatly improved by Monday.
My boy really does hate me at the moment and has been hiding under a stool behind the sofa,staying as far away from me as poss since we got back,even cheese hasnt made him forgive me yet :shock:

So fingers crossed he will start to feel better now xxx

MrsH
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Poor Jerry,hope the discomfort goes away soon. Don't worry, he'll forgive you eventually.

Mags
03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Poor Jerry, hope he starts to feel better soon..

He doesn't hate you Erin (((hugs))) , it's just the medication he doesn't like..:? When he's better he will be your loving Jerry once again;)

Oodles of healing vibes on their way to him!:)

angieh
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Poor Jerry - he doesn't understand. Try not to worry Erin, he'll be better and his usual loving self soon. Lots of healing vibes coming his way and Merlin, who understands exactly what he's feeling, sends reassuring purrrrrrs too!

dandysmom
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Poor Jerry;he doesn't understand. Hope the medications start working and another vet trip won't be necessary, they do hate that so! Healing vibes coming over the Pond for him...

Cheese didn't work? Sardines....??

Elaine
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Ouchy, my poor baby, Eva send her love and also her deepest sympathies, she never forgets pain and discomfort and says that it made her feel so much better to bite mums thumb while vets poked her with jabby needles;)

babycakes
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
98% is a good for him getting better. Hope he gradually has a pain free weekend

Erin
04-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Im pleased to say that Jerry is feeling much better,hes full of the devil today and has managed 2 big wees :D yay!!!

dandysmom
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Great news! Brightened the day, hugs to you both! :D

babycakes
04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Good on you Jerry well done XX

Mags
04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Woohoo for Jerry!:D

Sounds like he's forgiven you too, Erin..:lol:

Moli
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
So pleased Jerry is back to normal, big cuddle from me....

angieh
04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Excellent news - he'll be much more comfortable now Erin. Is it a problem he's had before???