PDA

View Full Version : Gulping

Diddeen
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
My cat Oscar, he's 1yr old now, occasionally does really exaggerated swallows like a big gulp. There is no noise and he isnt sick or anything. I just wondered if there is a reason for it. Is he burping or just swallowing strangely? Its not when he is eating but normally when we are having a cuddle. He is longhaired so could that have anything to do with it? Is it anything i should be concerned about?

Hreow
01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Sounds as it may be a few long hairs that are trying to wander down his throat sideways. If it is, then there is nothing you can do about it except the usual grooming, which you'd already be busy with. :-)
If he seems happy in himself, is eating well and you're only wondering not concerned, it's probably nothing. Ask the vet next time you are there anyways?

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Leia swallows from time to time, nothing to do with eating; she's done so for years. I forgot to ask the vet about it while I was last there, but don't think it can be anything too serious as she's done it forever and is in excellent health. I think it may be as suggested a stray hair or so in her throat, although she's groomed daily.....

angieh
01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Could it be due to excess salivation - his mouth is watering?

Diddeen
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the advice. He is eating and well in every other way so guess it cant be anything too serious. He was last wormed about a month ago. Ive never noticed him dribble at all so hard to know if he's salivating alot.