PDA

View Full Version : Keyboards

Mags
01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Did you know that keyboards can be dirtier than toilets? :shock:

It appears they are full of germs and a potential health hazard..:?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7377002.stm

Makes you think doesn't it?;)

So how do you clean your keyboard, if at all? I usually just flip over mine with a small round paintbrush.

angieh
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
OH YUK! I tend to just flip mine over with a duster when it looks dusty and sometimes give it a once over with a multi-purpose cleaning wipe - the sort used for monitor screens. Having said that, my keyboard is fairly new and black, so it shows up the dirt more than my old white one did.

Hideous thought if you work in an office and desk share!

Mags
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
It doesn't help either when our dearly loved kitties lay on them and we are too soft to move them..:roll:

What patience we must have to pick out all the stray hairs that have amassed between the keys too! :lol:

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Wow, a very interesting, if scary, link! I have a plastic fitted cover on mine, and never eat at the computer, so hope it isn't too germy! I also use a small round paintbrush daily on mine; think I'll use an alcohol wipe later this afternoon!

MrsH
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't worry too much about my computer, after all it's only got my germs on it! The ones I'm anxious about are the shared ones at work ( school) Unfortunately I don't think all my colleagues are as fussy about hygiene as I am, so I try to remember to wash well before and after using the computers!

Moli
01-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I use a small attachment on the hoover...mine gets really mucky, mainly with Merlins fur!!!!