PDA

View Full Version : Free neutering campaign

smudgley
01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Our 4 day free neutering campaign starts today.
Today is Dudley Town centre, giving away free vouchers to anyone who has an unneutered cat. the big yellow bus is picking me up at 9am and we are off to see how many vouchers we can give away! :cool:

~ Do you know someone who needs a voucher, send them to Dudley today ~

Elaine
01-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Wishing you a successful campaign:D

Mags
01-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Good luck with the campaign Smudgley, hope you do as well (if not better) as you did last year! :D

charliebubs
01-05-2008, 09:45 AM
What a brilliant idea. :) I hope that lots of people come forward and get the vouchers.

angieh
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Have a great day - hope you give out loads of vouchers and, more importantly perhaps, people take their cats in for the op! Well done you (well, when you have done! :-D ) ;) ;) :roll:

Moli
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
What a brilliant idea, hopfully lots will turn up and a lot of cats will be neutered soon....

yola
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Ours starts tomorrow Smudgely! We'll be having the battle bus outside our local Pets at Home which is strategically placed on the edge of one of our key target areas! I've been busy distributing press releases and design and printing posters and leaflets for the cause :-D

Good luck, hope all goes well in Dudley!

angieh
01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
And loads of good luck to you too Yola! You people do such valuable work trying to persuade people that it's the best thing for their animals. Good luck for tomorrow!

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Best of luck, Smudgley and Yola! Hope there's a good response1

Mags
01-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Good luck to you also Yola, for tomorrow! :D

smudgley
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Just got home.:)
110 free vouchers later. :cool:

Elaine
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Well done you:D

Erin
01-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats fab smudgley,lets hope its a good day 2moz,i havnt recieved any email :?

Kazz
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM
:-D Thats fab smudgley,lets hope its a good day 2moz,i havnt recieved any email :?

Well I've received the email Erin, and I see you are there tomorrow well I am there Sat - see you are avoiding me again ;)

Kel, I can swop to the AM but have somewhere to go in the morning and have to go there and sort something, so can't get there at 10am but will be here ASAP hopefuly by 11am if thats okay (may be earlier)

Have sent an email to confirm this. :-D

Karen

dandysmom
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Just got home.:)
110 free vouchers later. :cool:

Sounds great! How does that compare to last year?

MrsH
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Well done, what a great response for just one day. I hope all those vouchers translate into actual neutering ops and don't just get stuck on mantlepieces and forgotten about!

Good luck for the rest of the campaign, and in Reading too Yola.

smudgley
02-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Erin - sorry about the e-mail. I have resent it - to the correct address :oops: Hope to see you there today.

Kazz - fab, see you whenever you can be there. We have Sat pretty well covered (although one person is unable to attend now)

DM - last year on the first day we only gave out 2 vouchers, but it was in Kidderminster and not at a very good place for attracting interest. The day we did in Dudley last year was our best day but we didn't do 100(I think about 75 maybe?) I'll have to recheck numbers for comparison.

Today we are in Kidderminster, but a better place for passing trade :-D . Hopefully Erin will join us. People couldn't believe that we were volunteers yeaterday and that myself and Helen had both booked leave from our jobs to promote this campaign.

Aslo we came home with;
some donations
8 cats to add to our waiting list
4 vet bills we authorised
but the best of all was a lady who asked me about her 6 year old female cat and her 5 month old male that she wanted to have kittens from. She was having trouble getting them mated and wanted advice. I had a long chat with her and explained that I couldn't/wouldn't give her advice on breeding her pet cats as it was totally against what we were trying to promote. After a sensible converstaion and some explanations about the reasons behind her wanting kitens and the amount of kittens in CP care at any one time, she decided to have both of them neutered and to become a CP fosterer.
{She wanted kittens because she liked the idea of rearing babies and when I asked her to set up as a fosterer, so that she could rear a litter without added more kittens to the population and that she's be helping us out. She was really pleased}

yola
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh Kelly - that's a fantastic anecdote. Can I be really cheeky and ask if I can 'borrow' it? :cool: I'm trying to drum up press support here during May and that is just the kind of thing that will look great in newsprint and will appeal hugely to the target market!

smudgley
02-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh Kelly - that's a fantastic anecdote. Can I be really cheeky and ask if I can 'borrow' it? :cool: I'm trying to drum up press support here during May and that is just the kind of thing that will look great in newsprint and will appeal hugely to the target market!

Sure.

The lady was very nice, very pleasant & genuinely wanted her cats to breed together so that she could have babies. She had no idea of the kitten / stray cat situation & was quite alarmed. When I suggested neutering her own cats and then fostering she was really keen. I said I could do her some vouchers but if she wasn't going to use them I would rather not write them out & gave her every opportunity to walk away, but she scrambled in the bus & got her vouchers..............result!

Oh and the most important thing is she was a cat lover, no doubt about that.

right must dash... the bus is calling!

dandysmom
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
What a touching story, Smudgley! Well done you , and hope the lady does go ahead with it; sounds as if she'd make a loving fosterer for some lucky kittens!

Mags
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Well done Smudgley, sounds like you had a successful day! :D

Kazz
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Well I am there tomorrow handing out vouchers and attempting not to come awaywith any cats..........

Mags
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I am there tomorrow handing out vouchers and attempting not to come awaywith any cats..........

Good luck then Kazz! ;):lol:

dandysmom
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Hmmmm.. I'm rooting for the cats! You still think it's too soon, Kazz?

yola
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Hmmmm.. I'm rooting for the cats! You still think it's too soon, Kazz?

Here's hoping for a match made in a CP bus . . . ;) Seriously, Karen - hope you and the team have a very successful day! I'm going to try to find time to pop along to P@H here in Reading to see how the campaign's going!

smudgley
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Yola - I think there are only 2 CP buses, you must have one & us the other, that's cool eh? :cool:

We had a quieter day today (I guessed we would) Erin joined us to help out, but it was fairly slow, although we did about 40 (ish) so not bad. No bizzare cases or multi-cat stories, but we did encounter a drunk, a singing tramp & a non-singing tramp!

Erin - Thanks again for your help.

Kazz - I reckon tomorrow will be busy. I'm setting up and will stay for a while, not sure I can manage a 3rd full day though. I'll see what happens.

There won't be any cats on the bus, we decided not to take any this time & I think it's better without them.

See you tomorrow Karen.

smudgley
04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Another successful day on Saturday.
An early start for me & Rob as we had to set up at 8am as the farmers market was on.

Karen joined us and helped out. :cool:

We had a good day. I left at 2.30pm & we had given out about 50/60 by then.

Erin & Kazz - thanks for your help with the campaign. (wished I'd taken pics. :( )

I'm not helping today as I've done the last 3 days. But the bus is coming here tonight to live on my drive until Tue.

Mags
04-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Sounds like it's been a worthwhile campaign this year Smudgley :smt038

Well done to Erin and Kazz for offering their services to such a good cause..:D

angieh
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Good work all of you. Can we have a picture of the big bus please Smudgley???