PDA

View Full Version : monkey(the ferret)starts to trust..maybe too much..LOL

Tink
29-04-2008, 06:27 AM
well, ever since i got monkey he has been a love and gave kisses right from the start. the only areas i needed to gain his trust in (i suspect from the FOUR previous owners before him) was 1) me playing with him like a ferret..seemed foreign to him for an anti-furry thing to wanna play that way 2) walking by and picking him up..he'd freeze and look worried like he was in trouble and was gonna get "punished". everything else aside, he was pretty issue free.
so this weekend, for some reason, he seemed to let both things go..after six weeks of being home, he finally realized i wasn't gonna be like "the others". he even let me hold him in my arms and pet him for long lengths of time.
well, i think his confidence is up cuz he seems to have realized no matter how "naughty" he is mommy's not gonna do anything mean or painful and the worst that could happen is that i scruff him. well...
tonight i was enjoying my melty peanut butter on toast sandwich in front of the tv and all of a sudden i see a flash of fur and monkey is sitting on my lap all of a sudden with an angelic look. i smile and go to give him a little stroke on the face and with lightning quickness he has taken a bite of my sandwich and made a flying leap off the chair onto the wood floor and scurried away. all the while, two seconds have passed and my hand is still up in the air and i am looking dumbfounded as my brain processes what just happened...
oh, this will not be a habit..i did NOT buy those low carb foods for nothin! LOL...BUT, i had to giggle at somebody coming out of their shell enough to show me his true peanut butter sandwich stealing colors....
thanx for reading :-P

Mags
29-04-2008, 08:45 AM
That's a lovely story Tink, it sounds as if Monkey has well and truly settled in! :D

He's pushing his luck with your toasty peanut sandwich though! :-D

angieh
29-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I could see that happening Tink, the way you described it! Mind you, I'd have to restrain myself where "melty peanut butter on toast sandwich" is concerned. Sounds yummy!

I remember one evening my OH and I were having supper on our laps in front of the TV and Merlin leaped up onto my OH's lap and batted a mushroom from his plate across the room - he must have thought it was a ping pong ball and he was only a kitten at the time!!!

dandysmom
29-04-2008, 04:20 PM
What a lovely story; you described it so well I could just see it! Cheeky little boy he is!! Isn't it heartwarming when they finally come to trust? :D

Tink
29-04-2008, 08:12 PM
What a lovely story; you described it so well I could just see it! Cheeky little boy he is!! Isn't it heartwarming when they finally come to trust? :D

yeah, there was no way i could scold him..and he probably knew that!:-D what can i say, he stole my sandwich and my heart;)

babycakes
29-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Cheeky monkey he is too. He just couldn't resist the sandwich little love