PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated With Foods!!!!

KEGANTESS
27-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I moved to Arizona 2 yr ago and the vet made me feel that I was not giving my cats the diet they require. I have always has my cats on Science Diet food and Fancy feast for dinner in the evening. Well according to him cats are nature meat eaters and the first 2-3 ingredients should be meat. Well I have tried to introduce 5 different product, Evo, Wellness , Instinct. etc.... They will not touch it period. My Thelma live to ripe old age of 17 and was not on this meat diet that they supposedly so need. Anyway my frustration is I have just adopted a 2yr who was found in the streets of Phoenix in May and had to have surgery 2 weeks after I adopted her and the stone removed was a struvite stone. I have tried the prescription diets for her condition she will NOT eat them. I dont know if she was poisoned with soft food while living in the streets but the poor baby will NOT eat any soft food. She appears afraid. I tried dabbing a little on her nose for interest but I will not force the issue. She needs a high protein, grain free, low carb diet to avoid future issues. I have tried everything. I do change her water frequently and several bowls to stimulate drinking which works well but I am so afraid the food she will eat will cause her issues later with a stone. Right now she will eat Royal Canin special 33, Science Diet hairball, science diet advance protection. Anyone with any input will be so appreciated. I found a site on line ask the vet and really didnt get much there. what she suggested is old standard as far as urine acidifers.