PDA

View Full Version : Bimbo

angieh
23-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I was reminded about my mother's cat Bimbo when Mags changed her avatar in honour of St. George's Day.

My mum was a cat lover and was given a ginger kitten Bimbo when she was a little girl. Bimbo had been born on St. George's Day. I remember mum telling me that she came home from school one day and her mother told her that there was something for her in the kitchen - that was Bimbo. He lived until he was 17 years old (I think I remember that correctly). He died on St. George's Day all those years later.

I must try and find the B&W photo of him that I found in the attic in an old album some while ago. If I do, I shall post it in this thread later.

Bimbo, you are still remembered. My mum loved you - she used to tell me stories about you when I was little - the sort of things you liked, cucumber being one! Stories about you probably ignited my liking for cats all those years ago.

My mum died 17 years ago - I hope that she is reunited with her Bimbo now.

dandysmom
23-04-2008, 10:43 PM
That was a sweet story. It's sort of nice to know that after all those years, someone still remembers Bimbo....... do see if you can find that pic!

Mags
23-04-2008, 10:52 PM
How lovely to remember Bimbo after all those years ..... I do hope you manage to find his pic Angie..

babycakes
24-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Lovely story and I do think they will be reunited. Big hugs to you. X

yola
24-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Angie, that is a touching story. It would be nice to see some pictures of Bimbo if you can find them.

janey83
24-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Awww thats cute. Id love to see that pic.