PDA

View Full Version : changing food

swerv
19-04-2008, 01:49 PM
hi, i have been feeding our 2 hills science plan since we got them, they have a mix of dry and pouches.

they have really gone off both the chicken and the tuna so i am going to need to rotate their food to give them a bit of variety.

i bought them some hills 'natures finest' today and they tucked into it, i am looking for other good quality foods i can try also..

james wellbeloved : any good? looked quite cheap in the shop?

royal canin: i heard good things about this food also, any comments?

any food im missing out on that gives a healthy diet?:D

thanks for any help

Fran
19-04-2008, 07:09 PM
JW, RC, yes both good quality products also Burns. Nature's menu and applaws are also good quality wet foods. As with any change in diet, you should do it gradually to avoid tummy upsets. Good luck, hope you find a menu to suit their tastes! :D

charliebubs
20-04-2008, 11:48 AM
My cats are the same and seem to get bored of having the same food after a while. I tend to keep a couple of different brands in the cupboard to keep them happy. :roll:

Good luck with the change :)

babycakes
20-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I must have a bow of every variety of cat food in the cupboard and about 6 opened bags of dry. I rotate the food so he is not bored with it and he very reguarly goes off everything I feed him, so it may be best to keep a variety in. I always think that I wouldn't like to be fed fish twice a day every day so He doesn't even get the same food twice a day

sgw1988
21-04-2008, 10:56 AM
mine love natures menu!

dandysmom
21-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I must have a bow of every variety of cat food in the cupboard and about 6 opened bags of dry. I rotate the food so he is not bored with it and he very reguarly goes off everything I feed him, so it may be best to keep a variety in. I always think that I wouldn't like to be fed fish twice a day every day so He doesn't even get the same food twice a day

I follow the same routine, BC, Leia suddenly dislikes something she formerly loved; I keep a variety of different flavors on hand; she gets a different one for breakfast and dinner. And she only gets dry as a treat because of cystitis...

I can't comment on UK brands......