PDA

View Full Version : Sudden extreme jumpiness

sarah5
18-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone, sorry I seem to be constantly asking for help with my Thomas at the moment.

Thomas is 9 and has suddenly become extremely jumpy - and I'm not exaggerating, it is extreme. The majority of the time he is stalking around with his tail between his legs, wary of the slightest thing, something random on the floor, etc. Then if something moves (which is common as I have two young children) he leaps about 3 feet in the air.

He is genuinely suddenly very randomly scared and jumpy (he has been with us for his whole 9 years so the children are not new to him!).

Last night I sprayed Feliway all over the house but it hasn't made any difference to his behaviour today.

Does anyone know if this is a serious problem or something that will just pass.. I am really concerned he might have a heart attack soon!

angieh
18-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Very sorry to hear that Thomas is behaving strangely. Has his urinary problem resolved itself? Is he still taking any meds??

Good idea about the Feliway, but that does take a while to work. I am afraid that I have no suggestions to make Sarah. Hope someone else will be along shortly with some ideas.

sarah5
18-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi angieh thanks for your reply. Well the urinary issue seems to have sorted itself out, he is using the tray regularly and no longer squats all over the house, so I think all is fine on that front (thanks for asking).

The jumpiness seems to have stemmed from his illness, so I wonder if perhaps he is not quite 100% yet. I've never seen him so jumpy poor thing, he is extremely nervous.

I will keep using the Feliway, I didn't realise it could take a while, perhaps I'll spray once or twice a day around the house.

x