PDA

View Full Version : Really worried...

Moli
16-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I cannot find Merlin, have not seen him since this morning, I thought he was asleep in the bedroom, but he is nowhere in the house...:(

angieh
16-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh dear Moli. I expect you have actually looked everywhere inside and outside, but - just sit down, have a cuppa, calm down and go and look everywhere again.

Moli
16-04-2008, 05:37 PM
He goes out but only for a short while, then sleeps on a bed...

kado
16-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Im exactly like you and panic. Im sure he will come in and he will be allright.

angieh
16-04-2008, 05:46 PM
When do you usually give him his supper Moli?

Moli
16-04-2008, 05:49 PM
He has biscuits down all day, but has a pouch at bedtime...

bobbie3917
16-04-2008, 05:54 PM
does he come to his name? have you tried calling him?
hope he turns up soon

Moli
16-04-2008, 05:56 PM
he comes to his name, usually if I call him he answers me...

yola
16-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Do you think he's shut in somewhere? Maybe in a room that's got the door closed? I'm sure he's somewhere close by - just work through the house and garden methodically.

I'm about to mount a search party for Balie (my blue boy) as he's nowhere to be seen and the cleaners have been in today.

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 06:38 PM
awww, I'm sure they'll turn up both of you, fingers crossed here.

Kazz
16-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Hope both turn up soon, I spent hours and hours pounding the streets etc searching for Cleo once she was asleep in the airing cupboard on the towels never looked there as the door is always closed......but she must have got in when I put towels away.....all I can think.

Check under beds, in beds, in drawers.......(a Cleo favourite) siring cupboard/large cupboard any drawers and any already open look down the back of them. (another Cleo fav) Cupboards...even ones not opened ever, have you been in the loft (Oz got up there once) open every door in the house (bedrooms/kitchen everywhere) back of the sofa, under sofa's/chairs/washing baskets/wardrobes (Oscar could open the door on two of my wardrobes) and the door would
effectievly close behind him.
Anywhere heat runs, ie follow the central heating pipes...in the shed/greenhouse. And the car another Cleo favourite she could get through the sunroof if open on tilt never mind a window.

Moli I am sure he will turn up there is a good chance he was asleep on the bed but popped out as you went to see where he was so he has not gone "missing" at all just popped out sure he'll be home oon -

Bo both of you it is scary isn't it when they are not immediately findable.

Moli
16-04-2008, 06:47 PM
He always answers me when I call, so assume he cannot hear me where ever he is...

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Hmm, do you have a greenhouse or somewhere that is a hotspot outside, where he could be snoozing cosily?

Moli
16-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Looked in the garage, greenhouse and shed....so unlike him, he never wanders far....

Moli
16-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Panic over, he was under my sons bed under a soft bag!!!I did look under there, but he has so much rubbish under it you could not find anything....
Cannot understand why he did not answer me when I called him..

Kazz
16-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Panic over, he was under my sons bed under a soft bag!!!I did look under there, but he has so much rubbish under it you could not find anything....
Cannot understand why he did not answer me when I called him..

He didn't answer you because he's a cat and was not in the slightest bit interested in you...because he was comfortable....told you we stress they sleep.:roll:

Glad he's fine.

babycakes
16-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Just reading this, Do you know I would have said Denis always answers me when I call and when he doesn't I go into a panic but on occasions he hasn't like last night, I had turned his activity centre on it's side before going to bed as he jumps on and off above our room and wakes OH up, he was in the little bed bit, like a cradle, it was really sweet, but he let me look around the room calling him while he watched me from in there, snug as a bug. Now if I had put the bed down for him to sleep in he wouldn't have

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 07:06 PM
oh thank goodness, naughty boy lol!

angieh
16-04-2008, 07:09 PM
SO relieved Moli! Wasn't going to feel right having a good time at the quiz tonight if Merlin was missing still!

Yola - let us know when you find Balie please!! (sure you will)

EmmaG
16-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Glad he was found safe and sound Moli, they do worry us don't they??

Moli
16-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I really should have known he was in the house somewhere, he does not wander....feel a real dope now!!:oops:

kado
16-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Thats great news. I once had a cat called tasha who i had got a few days before she went missing i looked every where i could but didnt find her. Then one night she just walked in. I found out later that she got under the sink climbed through the draws and sat in a cuboard that was not used at all. I only found out where she was when i heard her crying.

angieh
16-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I think we ALL know what it feels like Moli!

yola
16-04-2008, 07:48 PM
He's fine! Found him. Back in his usual place in the bottom of OH's wardrobe. I think he must've been hiding in some unimaginably smally space . . . siwwy cat.

Balie always used to answer me when I called him. He's not so vocal now, bless him, but I had a special way of calling his name when I came home and he'd always wail in reply :D

Moli - I'm pleased Merlin's OK. Scary when they do that isn't it!

Moli
16-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I admit I was begining to panic....

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Glad he's home too Yola, we can all rest easier now lol!

diskinc
16-04-2008, 08:08 PM
So glad you've both found the little monsters ;-)
We worry because we love them, they let us for a laugh :-)

Mags
16-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I've just seen this thread and am so pleased that both Merlin and Bailie have turned up .....phew!

I don't know about anyone else but when a member's cat disappears, I feel the distress too ....... almost as if it was my own cat:?

So pleased all is well with both of you!

Elaine
16-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Glad all is well now xxx

Moli
16-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when a member's cat disappears, I feel the distress too ....... almost as if it was my own cat:???:
Thanks Mags.....:)

Moli
16-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I was begining to wonder if Elaine or Erin had slipped him into their pockets....!!!

Erin
16-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I was begining to wonder if Elaine or Erin had slipped him into their pockets....!!!

We wouldnt do that :roll: you may want to lock up Molly and Tara when we visit next time though :lol:

Seriously though glad you found him :D

dandysmom
16-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I echo Mags remark too! Thank goodness they are both home and safe and have been so far all along, as we worried.....

Leia will answer when I call "Where"s Leia?" in a special voice ....most of the time ...
When I rehomed Patches she was greeted very uncivilly by Misty, and fled to the basement; I could not find her (cluttered basement) but called and called and finally a small voice said "mew" and she had somehow managed to get on the heating pipes that ran across the ceiling...:shock:

Glad all's well that ends well......

angieh
16-04-2008, 11:17 PM
When your thread started Moli, I thought it was our fault because we couldn't find him in your photo of the trees and stuff and then I sort of caught the panic in your "voice" and thought, no, this is something else.

Couldn't have had a good evening without knowing Merlin and Balie were safe and sound. I know where my Merly is, he's just about now booting his daddy off his chair! So OH gets sent to his bed by the cat!!!!

babycakes
16-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Lovely Merlin still rules the roost.... Denis is hiding somewhere too. Glad Balie and Merlin are safe and sound