PDA

View Full Version : A soppy/dense moment.

Kazz
14-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Not often I start a thread in this section now being a none cat owner.

But thought this was worth sharing. I have new bedroom furniture delivered today and have moved the "older" stuff out but moving the wardrobe I found a cats "toy mouse" - same as I sent you for Leia, Eileen the small ones, I picked it up and found myself turning to say to them "Ah Ha I've got your mouse" for some reason I forgot they weren't there......................... :roll: ................found myself putting the mouse in the bin, but NOT with a sad heart. Just lovely memories :-D

I even checked all the boxes the furniture came in before throwing them away in case Cleo had moved in and fell asleep - years of training there by her paid off.

A soppy moment or a dense one not like me to be daft like that I think it was finding the mouse unexpectedly.;)

angieh
14-04-2008, 06:44 PM
A couple of little time slips too maybe??

alexgirl73
14-04-2008, 07:01 PM
awww, I think that is definitely a soppy moment Karen. Lovely memories today I bet :)

babycakes
14-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Awww I think that is nice. I found myself doing that when I lost my last cat before I got Denis. I used to think I caught glimpses of him too but it was just habit of seeing something move and expecting it to be Tigger.

But finding little toys and that it's nice to have the memories

Elaine
14-04-2008, 07:26 PM
That brought a small tear from both Erin and I. Your a big old softy;)
Do you think you will have any more cats then Kazz?
You certainly have a whole load of love to give to one or five:lol:

charliebubs
14-04-2008, 07:38 PM
That's lovely Karen. It's wonderful to have such happy memories, and you're right, Cleo sure did have you trained well!!! ;)

I think we're all a bit like that. :)

jenng
14-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Its very hard, but Time heals, i lost my 13 year old cat and my 9 year old Great dane dog within a space of 2 weeks. Both had cancer i was devistated and shocked, i still shout for them some times i forget they have left me.

dandysmom
14-04-2008, 09:55 PM
That got me a little weepy for a minute ....... bringing back the memories

I think I would have kept the mouse......

Kazz
15-04-2008, 04:08 PM
That got me a little weepy for a minute ....... bringing back the memories

I think I would have kept the mouse......

No need for me to keep the mouse Eileen................their time has gone but their "souls" will always with me.

Kazz
15-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Its very hard, but Time heals, i lost my 13 year old cat and my 9 year old Great dane dog within a space of 2 weeks. Both had cancer i was devistated and shocked, i still shout for them some times i forget they have left me.

Thats a good age for a great dane. What are their names?

What colour was your dane? I love the Merles.....:-D

jenng
15-04-2008, 04:17 PM
She was called penny she was my best friend, and cat was called fluffy. I like Merles, I would love to get another but they such a short life span

Kazz
15-04-2008, 05:12 PM
She was called penny she was my best friend, and cat was called fluffy. I like Merles, I would love to get another but they such a short life span

Quality rather than quantity........I think is the watchword for Danes:-D

jenng
15-04-2008, 06:33 PM
never a truer word spoken:) :)

Kazz
15-04-2008, 08:25 PM
never a truer word spoken:) :)

Will you get another Dane/dog or not do you think?>

jenng
15-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Not this year, but we will probably go to a great daine rescue, i think it would be nice to give a rescue a nice home:). Do you have dogs!

Kazz
15-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes two Staffords, Sal 6 this year Tess 4 in June. Always had Staffs........my next will be a rescue I think too.

jenng
15-04-2008, 08:47 PM
MY friends Have a staff she is called socks, she is 13 this year such a baby. she is getting a bit stiff on her back legs but she can walk for miles:)

Kazz
15-04-2008, 08:58 PM
My first two Sam and Gypsy lived till they were 17 and 16 then sadly Gyp lived till she was 7. Got Sal then Tess...they do get a bit stiff in their back legs.....lovely name. Socks.

M two cats were rescues, brother and sister, Oscar was white with ginger patches and Cleo ginger with white patches. Oscar was 23 years and 4 months when he was PTS 18th Dec before last and Cleo a week short of 25 years when I had her PTS that was last July.

A long while so my foray into another cat may take a while, as you say time heals but.........sometimes its nicer to stay a little raw ;)

jenng
15-04-2008, 09:10 PM
They all lived to good ages, i do agree with you it it nice to stay a liitle raw, they are in my heart and my thoughts every day.