PDA

View Full Version : Guinness and Simon loyality

kado
14-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Guinness waits for permisson to come on to my knee. I then tell him to sit down the i will stroke him but he likes kneeding me on the arm and washing me. If i pull my arm away he pulls it down realy gently. Simon is jealous of him sitting on my knee so he sits on top of him and guinness usualy jumps off. If anybody sits near me and Simon's around he jumps on my knee and goes to sleep. Has anybody else heard of this. Also guinness doesnt like being moved by my OH he hisses and growls and hits out as well.
Its not a problem but i wonder if its anything i did thats made them obsesive towards me. They follow me every where i go even too the toilet.

jane

babycakes
14-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Have you had them since kittens??? Do they see you as 'mum' or rescuer (recued from a shelter)? Did Guiness come after Simon?

It sounds as if Simon thinks you are his and stops Guinness form getting close as though he doesn't want to share you.

Denis my recue Feral doesn't like my OH moving him, putting him out etc wants me top do it, I often pick him up and hand him to my OH, as though to tell im its ok

sgw1988
16-04-2008, 11:34 AM
i have two kittens like this! cleo follows me everywhere, lola follows my OH more. cleo will only settle on me to fall asleep, sometime gets jealous if lola wants to sleep on me as well!!

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 12:07 PM
If Teddie or Cooper lie next to me, Broxi comes and jumps and lies on my chest, almost as if to say 'she's mine' lol. Cat's are peculiar creatures!

Rosie
17-04-2008, 11:59 AM
One of my cats, Alfie, loves being on and around me but it is my dog that get jealous not my other cat Rosie who if she never sat on my knee again wouldn't bother!

Cats are such individuals I couldn't have two more unalike.

kado
17-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Its not that they sit on my knee its there weight (which we are realy trying hard to reduce) of 15.6kg which is just under 2 1/2 stone at one time. It squashes me