PDA

View Full Version : Black cats so sad

Rosie
14-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Our local RSPCA rescue has put an appeal on their website for people to adopt some of their black cats as nobody wants them:(

kado
14-04-2008, 01:28 PM
How awful. I have 2 black and 2 b/w cats. The black cats are so loyal towards me. I hope they get homes soon.

jane

angieh
14-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Rosie and Jane. There is a previous thread where this was mentioned - that is that black kittens and cats are always the last to be adopted - and members wondered why that is. It is very sad - I do hope your local RSPCA has good luck in finding them all good loving homes really soon.

charliebubs
14-04-2008, 03:10 PM
It is very sad, but it seems to be quite common. I used to work part time at Wood Green Animal Shelter and unfortunately it was the same there. :(

dandysmom
14-04-2008, 04:07 PM
It's the same here in the States;what a pity! Black cats are beautiful; little mini-panthers. I miss my black Onyx very much....she's been missing for four months tomorrow....

charliebubs
14-04-2008, 04:38 PM
It's the same here in the States;what a pity! Black cats are beautiful; little mini-panthers. I miss my black Onyx very much....she's been missing for four months tomorrow....

Oh gosh Eileen - I've been away for so long I had no idea that Onyx was missing. I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: :cry: What a shame after she had made so much progress with you, and you with her. :( :(

dandysmom
14-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, she came for her breakfast the morning of January 15th and has never been seen since........I did all the usual things: signs, called vets, talked to neighbors, etc, etc. but no joy. She had gone from a wary nervous little cat to a real cuddlebug...purred, talked to me, let me comb her...I hope that she was taken by someone who would give her a loving home......

charliebubs
14-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes, she came for her breakfast the morning of January 15th and has never been seen since........I did all the usual things: signs, called vets, talked to neighbors, etc, etc. but no joy. She had gone from a wary nervous little cat to a real cuddlebug...purred, talked to me, let me comb her...I hope that she was taken by someone who would give her a loving home......

I hope so too...

alexgirl73
14-04-2008, 07:03 PM
we had the same prob here before Christmas. Over 20 little black and B&W kittens nobody wanted, when we did our appeal we had over 50 phone calls and they were all rehomed, so best of luck :)

babycakes
14-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Four months Eileen I can't believe it's been that long, although it probably feels like that to you. Poor baby I hope she is happy wherever she is

dandysmom
14-04-2008, 07:59 PM
It just dawned on me: I can't count!!! January to April is three months, not four...:oops:
Guess it just feels like four...sorry!