PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Abandoned

PoshPuss
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I've done it; AOL has got me down so much I have abandoned BB and gone bak to dial up. So its slower but at least I'm not getting kicked off for no reason and the connection is ok.
Trouble is I signed an 18 month contract for BB right up to June 2009 so I'm stuck paying for it!:evil:
Anyway hope I get better luck this time then come the said date I'm kicking AOL out and going to a better ISP.
I'm not very computer savvy, so they can baffle me with the geek speak. I need a hand-holding session on the use of this thing and its innards are a mystery to me:lol:

yola
11-04-2008, 07:27 PM
AOL (IMO) are not very good - I got shot of it before I switched to broadband. There are loads of other providers who are really good. Funnily enough, I've used BT right from the start - and I use it in the office too, and it's actually very reliable!

I couldn't live without broadband, I spend all my time on work email, doing work stuff or CP stuff (or catsey stuff ;) ) and dial up would drive me insane!!

PoshPuss
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
It's the lesser of 2 evils Yola :-)
I just use my computer for emails and Catsey and to connect with my sis in the States, I'm only on it for 1/2 to 1 hour at a time so dial up is ok for me. I don't do music on here or videos so the extra speed is not necessary. I really need a lesson on how to get the best out of it.
A friend of mine who is very computer wise said BT is brilliant for internet working, so may transfer in June 2009. Shame I signed up for so long :(

yola
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I really think you should make a complaint and see if they will release you. If you kick up enough of a stink by clearly explaining why you feel they have let you down and make some thinly veiled threats about consumer assocations/trading standards then you might find they'll release you.

angieh
11-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd at least give what Yola suggests a go PoshPuss - after all, you can't lose any more than you already are. Ask your friend if he/she can help you with the computer speak!

dandysmom
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I've never felt the need for broadband as all I use my computer for is e-mail, Googling, shopping, Catsey and a garden forum: don't do music, videos, movies, games or any of those things that need blinding speed......

Although sometimes when using Photobucket I do wonder if it would be worth the hassle to change.....:-D

yola
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I use napster for music, but I don't download it, I just listen to it online. None of the other things though :roll:

However, I do require fast download . . . I just don't have the patience to wait an age for a screen to appear, especially as I'm usually juggling 1/2 a dozen screens!