PDA

View Full Version : Cat Grass

PoshPuss
10-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Anyone know any national outlets were I can find this stuff?
I thnk Posh needs to have grass coz she's nosing round flowers and stuff all the time and after the lilies episode :shock: I can't go through all that again. If she wants greenery, I'd rather her be safe. Tried my 2 local garden centres but no joy.:?
Is it ok to use ordinary lawn seed and try and grow it, like cress? I'd be grateful for any tips :)

random
10-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I got some seeds on ebay but here are some ready grow trays you can order.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/google/-7542/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/cat_grass?gclid=COXw56vP0JICFQo2Qwod9TtlGg

PoshPuss
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Cheers Random, I just went there and ordered some grass in a tray (x3 for a discount).Also Google pointed me toward Mr Fothergill the seed-merchants and they do cat grass (avena sativa) so may try them if Posh is her fussy self and won't attempt this.:-)

dandysmom
10-04-2008, 04:41 PM
In the meantime till it comes, ordinary outdoor grass is OK. I pick some every day for Leia and hold the blades one-by-one as she eats it (she's an indoor only cat). And not spoiled at all, of course........:roll: :-D

angieh
10-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I suppose it would be impossible (there only being you, Eileen) to take a picture of you giving The Princess her daily grass?

babycakes
10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
The site that was given the other day (the cat gallery) sells cat grass. in a tray that cats can eat in doors

dandysmom
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I suppose it would be impossible (there only being you, Eileen) to take a picture of you giving The Princess her daily grass?

Well, I can but try! I managed to get one of her sitting in my lap (after about 4 - 5 that only showed portions of her! :-D) and a nice one of Onyx and my knee outside. it's hard to aim ....:roll:

This started when she first came. Patches had loved her outdoor walks and her grass, so when she got to be about 18 and didn't much want to walk anymore I started bringing in grass for her which she gladly ate: Leia, seeing that Patches was eating something had to have some too...and so it went. Patches has gone to the Bridge, but the daily grass routine continues except for snowy or rainy days. As I said, not spoiled....:roll:.... much:roll:

angieh
10-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Not Much!!!!