PDA

View Full Version : ronnies due for his vet visit

CathyW
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
hes due for a check up on his eye 2morow. although its looking alot better, its still a darker color than the other eye.
but i know its nothing nasty as hes not acting weird, and hes eating n drinking as normal.
just going to have fun getting him in the cat carrier, and getting him outs also fun, we have to pour him out LOL

angieh
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Do so hope all goes well boys mum. Give ronnie some calming words from Merlin, who's a very good boy at the vet - it's the car he's not keen on!

dandysmom
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Getting them in is a real problem! I hide mine behind the door up-ended, then grab the cat right after breakfast and pop him/her in before they realize what's happening. And I let the vet worry about extracting him/her...:-D

I hope all goes well at the visit for him!!

babycakes
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hope all goes well at the vets. Keep us posted. Big hugs to Ronnie

CathyW
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
i leave the carrier open in the hallway, and reggie promptly climbs in and has a sleep in it LOL
ronnie manages to splay all 4 legs out and puts up a struggle, but once hes in there hes fine. falls asleep in the car, its reggie whos vocal.
oh well hoping 2morows the last one.

yola
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Many well wishes for Ronnie tomorrow. I hope he's given the all clear!

Mine are OK to get into the carrier . . . just have to shake basket vigorously at the vet to get them out :roll: Except Ferdy who did the 4-legs-splayed trick. And then tried to eat his way out :shock: :shock: :shock:

dandysmom
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Many well wishes for Ronnie tomorrow. I hope he's given the all clear!

Mine are OK to get into the carrier . . . just have to shake basket vigorously at the vet to get them out :roll: Except Ferdy who did the 4-legs-splayed trick. And then tried to eat his way out :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh, that reminds me of something I haven't thought of in years! When I got my first cat as an adult, I didn't have a proper cat carrier. So I used an old wicker picnic basket....anyone remember those? Su-Ling the Siamese was OK going to the vet, although he bellowed as only an angry Siamese can; but coming home he decided enough was enough, and proceeded to try to tear his way out...we got home just in time: he had a hole big enough to get his head out and one paw!!!

yola
09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes, my baskets are wicker. The smaller basket still bears the scars of the bruiser boy.

I hasten to add, this was the 1st ever time I put him into the carrier. He has a bad head wound and was still entire :shock: hence his agression/fear. Once he'd been done he would slink in without a murmur :D

CathyW
09-04-2008, 01:52 PM
just got the basket out n ronnie spotted it, he was off over them fences like a shot. ive just spent 10 mins rattling a can. he eventully turned up. hes now in the carrier moaning the best was a ronnie can.
off shortly.

alexgirl73
09-04-2008, 01:55 PM
awww bless him! chuckling at the thought of him louping fences though. hope it all goes well for him.

angieh
09-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Aye, good luck young ronnie!

CathyW
09-04-2008, 07:29 PM
the vets happy with his eye, just keep an eye on him, and not to come back for 3 months. so well done ronnie.
had probs getting him out of the carrier. the vet just popped the top (didnt know it did that LOL)

dandysmom
09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Good news, BM! You must be very relieved! What kind of carrier do you have...I've never seen one where the top comes off?

CathyW
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Good news, BM! You must be very relieved! What kind of carrier do you have...I've never seen one where the top comes off?its just a plastic one.bought it for £2-00 at a bootsale years ago.

angieh
09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Ah well done ronnie and boys mum! What a relief for you both.

CathyW
09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
must admit i was pleased :)

yola
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I bet you were!! What a relief all seems to be well.

babycakes
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Well done Ronnie great news BM