PDA

View Full Version : peeing on everything!!!!!!!

sylvest&tweety
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi everybody

back again after a short time away from dodgy computer etc, anyway need advice fast

Tweety who is now 6 months old has started peeing on everything, he has peed on our beds and in a particular spot in the dining room ( despite having a litter try to hand) he even peed on the kitchen work top twice and he seems to like peeing on plastic bags and crisp packets. It is driving me absolutely nuts, he is being castrated at the end of this week, will that sort it out??:evil: :evil:

anne

Elaine
06-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear this Anne. Is he peeing/spraying or both? Hopefully he will settle down after being neutered. Has anything happened that may have stressed him out at all? How many litter trays do you currently have?

dandysmom
06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Neutering should help. Have you recently changed brands of litter, or has anything happened to stress him?

babycakes
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
It sounds as though he is marking his terroritoy or he is frightened. Maybe be best to ensure you have more than one litter tray in the house and to shut of some of the rooms. Mentions it to the vet when you take him just to check it isn't an infection

sylvest&tweety
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
we have 2 little trays and have used the same litter all the way through so can't imagine that it is this he is quite happy to poo in it so why not wee? it is definately peeing and not spraying there is quite a large volume too.

he actually seems to be in a completely relaxed state when he does it or bordering in excitement so i don't think he is frightened, although I think it might have started after he was attacked by a local ferral cat when he went out one day, poor boy got such a fright he poo'd himself ( he was totally covered) so he could be marking his territory how do we stop it though???

any suggestions???

anne

babycakes
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
we have 2 little trays and have used the same litter all the way through so can't imagine that it is this he is quite happy to poo in it so why not wee? it is definately peeing and not spraying there is quite a large volume too.

he actually seems to be in a completely relaxed state when he does it or bordering in excitement so i don't think he is frightened, although I think it might have started after he was attacked by a local ferral cat when he went out one day, poor boy got such a fright he poo'd himself ( he was totally covered) so he could be marking his territory how do we stop it though???
any suggestions???

anne

That's what I meant about being frightened as in of another male cat and he is marking his terroritory. Do you have a feliway plug in at all. That may help calm him down also putting rescue remedy in his water. Maybe lots of cuddles and reassurance