PDA

View Full Version : Jennie - Leigh

random
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Last night our beautiful Jennie was subject to the most cruel act i've ever had to deal with so far in my personal life. Some 'person' set his whippet onto her causing her massive chest and abdominal trauma. Our neighbour saw it happen and told us right away. We rushed her to the emergency vet, she had to drive out to meet us but literally 2 minutes before the vet arrived she passed away in my arms. My sister is devastated, she was her cat, some of you may remember I bought her as a kitten for my sister's birthday just 2 years ago.

We are all finding it hard to bear due to the circumstances as you can imagine, I just want to see justice done but there's not much chance of that sadly. We have lost 4 cats in the last 2 years and 3 of them prematurely. I think we all just feel really numb right now as a family.

Run free at the bridge Jenny with Nipper, baby Pink and Tabs.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/randoms_pix/Cats/lappypix027.jpg

Alan77
01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Very sorry to hear that. To be honest, you should inform the Police and try to find out who this person is, as he probably walks his dog there often.
Get him prosecuted, so no-one else has to endure it.

yola
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Kelly, I don't know what to say, sickening, heartbreaking and inhuman. Poor Jennie and all your family - I'm thinking of you all.

This person should not be allowed to keep animals. Through your pain, keep the anger and digust, this will help you strive to find this brute and ensure justice is done.

smudgley
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
What an awful thing to happen. I'm sorry to hear this sad news Kelly.

I do hope this idiot can be dealt with over the incident.

random
01-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Very sorry to hear that. To be honest, you should inform the Police and try to find out who this person is, as he probably walks his dog there often.
Get him prosecuted, so no-one else has to endure it.

Kelly, I don't know what to say, sickening, heartbreaking and inhuman. Poor Jennie and all your family - I'm thinking of you all.

This person should not be allowed to keep animals. Through your pain, keep the anger and digust, this will help you strive to find this brute and ensure justice is done.

Oh i'm going to whatever I can to try and find them that's for sure, i'm just not sure what can/will be done. It will be reported Alan, my father is at my neighbours house at the minute trying to find out all he can about what he saw. His daughter-in-law is a witness too so that is 3 witnesses so far. Hopefully Jennie inflicted some wounds on the dog sufficient to act as evidence if we do find him before they heal but we don't know. Will keep you updated.

random
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
What an awful thing to happen. I'm sorry to hear this sad news Kelly.

I do hope this idiot can be dealt with over the incident.

Thank you Kelly, I really hope so. I just can't get my head around what kind of person does this sort of thing.

Annestaff
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Good grief this is terrible, hope you can get something done about the dog owner.

Sleep tight little girl x

Sasadams
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
:cry: Oh, what a dreadful thing to have happened to your dear little Jennie. Some people are so hateful and should not be allowed to keep animals, I agree, the owner of the dog should be dealt with by the police!

Sending you and your family a hug a this sad sad time and I'm thinking of you and sharing your grief, she looked such a gorgeous little girl!

Sleep tight Jennie
x

random
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Good grief this is terrible, hope you can get something done about the dog owner.

Sleep tight little girl x

:cry: Oh, what a dreadful thing to have happened to your dear little Jennie. Some people are so hateful and should not be allowed to keep animals, I agree, the owner of the dog should be dealt with by the police!

Sending you and your family a hug a this sad sad time and I'm thinking of you and sharing your grief, she looked such a gorgeous little girl!

Sleep tight Jennie
x

Thank you both, she was a lovely girl Sasadams and she lives with dogs so she probably wouldn't have even ran from it at first. She had a lovely temperament.

Kazz
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM
What a terrible thing to happen my sympathies to your sister and the family....I wonder why people consider cats fair game for this sort of thing.

Someone once shot Cleo with an air rifle....:( I did not go to
the police but went to his house and sorted it myself ;) he was a teenager. Not sure he saw it as malious in fact he was kinda take back someone cared about a cat.

And a group people once set their dog on Cleo (she did not have bad luck) but this really never happened although they encouraged their dog to have a go at the "pussycat" as they shouted (I imagine it took a bit to make her run as she lived with dogs and would not have been fussed at first too laid back that girl of mine) but eventually she made a dash for home. She got to the front garden (jumped the fance) I was in the front garden with Gyp (my old Stafford) planting.....and for some reason ;)they decided their dog coming face to face with a Stafford wasn't as entertaining to them as my cat coming face to face with their mutt (Lab)...or them coming face to face with me.

Have to say it was tempting to let Gyp go but obviously I didn't and I did not "hurt" them but whenever I saw them around after that they had the dog on a lead...

I never understand this "cats are fair game attitude to people...............So very sorry I would report them.

Moli
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
So sorry Random, really hope you can find the b****** responsible....
Run Free little girl..........xx

alexgirl73
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I am so very, very sorry Random!!

My stomach is actually churning at the thought of someone doing this.

RIP beautiful Jennie xx

random
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
What a terrible thing to happen my sympathies to your sister and the family....I wonder why people consider cats fair game for this sort of thing.

Someone once shot Cleo with an air rifle....:( I did not go to
the police but went to his house and sorted it myself ;) he was a teenager. Not sure he saw it as malious in fact he was kinda take back someone cared about a cat.

And a group people once set their dog on Cleo (she did not have bad luck) but this really never happened although they encouraged their dog to have a go at the "pussycat" as they shouted (I imagine it took a bit to make her run as she lived with dogs and would not have been fussed at first too laid back that girl of mine) but eventually she made a dash for home. She got to the front garden (jumped the fance) I was in the front garden with Gyp (my old Stafford) planting.....and for some reason ;)they decided their dog coming face to face with a Stafford wasn't as entertaining to them as my cat coming face to face with their mutt (Lab)...or them coming face to face with me.

Have to say it was tempting to let Gyp go but obviously I didn't and I did not "hurt" them but whenever I saw them around after that they had the dog on a lead...

I never understand this "cats are fair game attitude to people...............So very sorry I would report them.
Thank you Kazz, I just hope we can find out who did it then we can go from there.

So sorry Random, really hope you can find the b****** responsible....
Run Free little girl..........xx
Thanx Moli, so do I, I really do. I can't help but wonder if the same thing happened to Tabs now.

I am so very, very sorry Random!!

My stomach is actually churning at the thought of someone doing this.

RIP beautiful Jennie xx
Thanks Alex, I feel the same, didn't get a wink of sleep at all last night and was actually physically sick this morning at the thought of it.

Can't get my head around why someone would do such a thing. Am writing a bit for the local paper so hopefully they will print something about her.

angieh
01-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh I am so sorry Random - I too am feeling sick that anyone could do such a terrible thing. Jennie-Leigh was a lovely little girl - I feel awful for you and your family. ***HUGS***

dandysmom
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
That hardly bears thinking about...the pain and fear she must have gone thru; that poor girl! Random, I am so so sorry that happened, it must be almost unbearable. I hope she did some serious damage to the dog and that you'll be able to locate the owner and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!!

RIP dear Jenny

random
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you Angie.

Just popped in with a bit of news, the local paper are going to give me a call at some point tomorrow to discuss the incident and do a write up on it so it will be in the local gazette at least.

Just want to thank you all again for your support today.

random
01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
That hardly bears thinking about...the pain and fear she must have gone thru; that poor girl! Random, I am so so sorry that happened, it must be almost unbearable. I hope she did some serious damage to the dog and that you'll be able to locate the owner and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!!

RIP dear Jenny

Thank you dm, I just hope we can find them before the dog heals too as that is probably the only evidence we will have. She had a broken tooth and all of her wee nails were broken too so as awful as it sounds i'm just hoping she did the dog some sufficient damage. I think it is likely as she gave me some sufficient damage on the way to the vet, obviously from the pain she was in. :(

MrsH
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I've just got in from work and seen this. What a shocking thing to happen to Jennie-Leigh, how tragic to have her die in your arms like that. The poor love, to suffer because of an idiot's disrespect for life. I hope the newspaper story gets front page and the morons are caught.

babycakes
01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
OMG!!!! I am so sorry toread this Random. Big hugs to you, your sister and all the family over this horrendous tragedy.

Someone set their Greyhound on my baby a good few years back. He was in a terrible state and lived for about a week. It was heartbreaking because his brother pined and whined all the time. When we brought him home for one night Tigger wouldn't go any where near him and we knew he was going to die. It is the most sickening thing to do and I really feel for all of you at this time. Nothing ever came of it even though it was reported.
You know where we are if you should need us.

Poor poor baby Jennie. RIP Little girl X

EmmaG
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM
So sorry to hear this :(

If it was me and I found out who did it they would be beaten with a baseball bat (sorry if that sounds too strong) but they are scum.

Random if you don't find out who did this, please have some comfort that Karma will play a big part one day.

Elaine
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh Kelly, I am so very very sorry for your loss, big hugs xxx
R.I.P. Jenny xxx

What an absolutely disgusting thing to have happened to her and you, words actually fail me. I am so sorry xxx

pinklizzy
01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful baby.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling, you will both be in my thoughts. xxx

Fran
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I am so very, very sorry for your tragic loss :cry:

RIP pretty girl, sleep well x

random
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I've just got in from work and seen this. What a shocking thing to happen to Jennie-Leigh, how tragic to have her die in your arms like that. The poor love, to suffer because of an idiot's disrespect for life. I hope the newspaper story gets front page and the morons are caught.
Thank you, I hope it's at least a big enough piece so that it's noticable, i'll let you know when it's printed.

OMG!!!! I am so sorry toread this Random. Big hugs to you, your sister and all the family over this horrendous tragedy.

Someone set their Greyhound on my baby a good few years back. He was in a terrible state and lived for about a week. It was heartbreaking because his brother pined and whined all the time. When we brought him home for one night Tigger wouldn't go any where near him and we knew he was going to die. It is the most sickening thing to do and I really feel for all of you at this time. Nothing ever came of it even though it was reported.
You know where we are if you should need us.

Poor poor baby Jennie. RIP Little girl X
Thank you bc, this is what i'm afraid of, that nothing will be done. The others seem ok and they have each other but we showed them her body as advised by the vet as it is supposed to help them recognise that she is dead and not just disappeared. We decided to bring her home to bury in the garden.

So sorry to hear this :(

If it was me and I found out who did it they would be beaten with a baseball bat (sorry if that sounds too strong) but they are scum.

Random if you don't find out who did this, please have some comfort that Karma will play a big part one day.
Thank you Emma, I just hope we find out who did it for sure, that's all i'm saying.

Oh Kelly, I am so very very sorry for your loss, big hugs xxx
R.I.P. Jenny xxx

What an absolutely disgusting thing to have happened to her and you, words actually fail me. I am so sorry xxx

Thank you Elaine. x

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful baby.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling, you will both be in my thoughts. xxx

Thank you pinklizzy. x

I am so very, very sorry for your tragic loss :cry:

RIP pretty girl, sleep well x

Thank you Fran. x

babycakes
01-04-2008, 09:48 PM
What a lovely thing to do, a) showing your cats her body so they accept her death, and b) bringing her home to bury her. We did that with ours. The neighbour had a very large garden and she wanted us to bury our cats in her garden so four of them are in there. It is nice to have that ritual of a burial but so very hard too. X big hugs to you X

Donna
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I am shocked at your sad news Random, I cant imagine how you are coping with this... RIP Jennie x

dandysmom
01-04-2008, 10:15 PM
What a lovely thing to do, a) showing your cats her body so they accept her death, and b) bringing her home to bury her. We did that with ours. The neighbour had a very large garden and she wanted us to bury our cats in her garden so four of them are in there. It is nice to have that ritual of a burial but so very hard too. X big hugs to you X

Oh I agree: I made the mistake of not showing Misty when I brought Sultan home from the vets to bury; all she knew was that he had gone and never came home; she obviously grieved and went looking for him for quite awhile....when Dandy died I did show Patches and Leia, so they knew.

yola
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, I did likewise with Darcy. I showed him to Fifi and Balie and although on the face of it they didn't seem bothered, I think there was some kind of long term recognition of what had happened.

Keep talking about it Kelly until the initial pain and horror is out of your system, I have found that a big healer on a couple of occasions.

Kim
01-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh no, how absolutely terrible and sickening. :mad: Can't blame the dog really, but his owner must be some kind of sick person to do that. I really am so very sorry. :cry: Poor little cat and how awful for all of you. ((hugs))

I certainly hope something can be done about the sick individual who allowed this to happen.:evil: :evil:

random
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM

Oh I agree: I made the mistake of not showing Misty when I brought Sultan home from the vets to bury; all she knew was that he had gone and never came home; she obviously grieved and went looking for him for quite awhile....when Dandy died I did show Patches and Leia, so they knew.

Thank you, I didn't do it when we lost Nipper and her brother Tucker pined and looked for her for quite a while afterward.

I am shocked at your sad news Random, I cant imagine how you are coping with this... RIP Jennie x
Thank you Donna, i'm just trying to keep my mind off it but I can't seem to think of anything else.

Yes, I did likewise with Darcy. I showed him to Fifi and Balie and although on the face of it they didn't seem bothered, I think there was some kind of long term recognition of what had happened.

Keep talking about it Kelly until the initial pain and horror is out of your system, I have found that a big healer on a couple of occasions.

Thank you Yola. I can't imagine how frightened she must have been and the pain she was in. I've a full day of uni tomorrow too.

random
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh no, how absolutely terrible and sickening. :mad: Can't blame the dog really, but his owner must be some kind of sick person to do that. I really am so very sorry. :cry: Poor little cat and how awful for all of you. ((hugs))

I certainly hope something can be done about the sick individual who allowed this to happen.:evil: :evil:

Thank you Kim, I don't blame the dog at all. These sort of people shouldn't own dogs if they are going to do this with them. Then again I don't think he deserves to be on the face of the earth after what he did.

candyshandy
02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

I am so so sorry :( I hope you find the idiot who set the dog on her.

This country just gets worse :(

charliebubs
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh Kelly - I'm so so sorry to hear this news. How awful. People never cease to amaze me. :(

RIP Jennie - play hard at the Bridge sweetheart.

scilla
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
What a terrible thing to happen. So sorry to hear this.

Please let us know if you can trace the owner of the dog, and tell the police.

Sleep well, no fears, Jennie. Scilla

dandysmom
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I could not stop thinking about this last night. I wish the owner of that dog were shut in a small room with two trained vicious pit bulls......see how he likes it then ...

random
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you everyone for your support, it's really appreciated, it may sound silly but has really urged me on to get things moving and find the monster who murdered our Jen.

Bit of an update, we have a name and address, he's known to do this and has also killed dogs in a brutal manner. We've been told the same name over and over from a bunch of different sources, even 2 stranger who overheard my father in the police station came up with same name saying 'he's always doing it'.

The police don't want to know really as we don't have enough proof that it was him but they are yet to speak to my neighbour and they won't come out and see him, they have said he has to contact them so my father is going to have a word with him and ask him to make his own report. I wonder if my neighbour could identify him it would be enough? I'm sure it would if it were a human so maliciously murdered but not for a cat, an equal of God's creatures? :evil: The paper are coming over tomorrow morning to interview us and i'm to ring the RSPCA today and report it to them too.

So at least we know who it was even if the police don't want to know, (can't say I am surprised) but maybe the RSPCA will redeem my faith in them, won't hold my breath but you never know. Will keep you posted. Thanx again for your support, hope we finally get some justice for Jennie.

random
03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Just to let you all know that the reporters have been and it will be in the local newspaper within the next few days so i'll let you know what the report is like when it comes out.

yola
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Full marks to you for putting your grief aside for a while in order to mobilise this kind of activity. Kelly - we're all hoping that this ahem . . . nasty person, is caught and dealt with - one way or another.

dandysmom
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Excellent news that the reporters have been! Has your witness been persuaded to go to the police to make a statement yet? Nothing will bring little Jenny back but if that monster can be punished it should bring a little solace and closure...I'm sure I'm not the only one praying for that end...(((hugs)))

angieh
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
From what you say Kelly, it has not been a one-off attack. Let's hope people who have witnessed these atrocious acts can be persuaded to go to the police and make statements. Presumably, the police have no power to act in such cases, but I would expect the RSPCA to do something. Please let us know how this progresses.

In loving memory of Jennie-Leigh XXX

sammy
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm so sorry to read this, it's just awful......:cry: I really hope something can be done about the b****rd that did this.......well done for being strong enough to pursue it.

RIP Jennie.x

random
04-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Police don't want to know and RSPCA are not much good either as we have no proof. My neighbour is frightened to get involved as he has cats and is frightened they may come to some harm if he gets involved. They don't leave his garden but he's worried they might be poisoned or something. Don't know what to say to him as it's a valid point tbh, the type of person he (who killed Jen) is.

I'm just finding keeping busy and chatting (even online) about normal stuff is keeping my mind active and i'm ok then but i'm finding doing my work hard as that's when I start to think about it for some reason, and when I walk the 'quiet' dogs. Maddy keeps my mind active when she is out so i've found myself taking her out for a few extra walks just to 'get away'. I know sooner or later i'm going to have to let it catch up with me though aren't I?

angieh
04-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Really sorry Random. Doesn't look as if you'll be able to get any justice for Jennie if someone doesn't come forward to make a statement.

As you say, it's in the quiet times that the whole thing catches up with you and there's nothing for it really but to try and deal with it as best you can. You know we here at Catsey are always here for you, but I appreciate that isn't much help at those times. ***HUGS***

random
04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Really sorry Random. Doesn't look as if you'll be able to get any justice for Jennie if someone doesn't come forward to make a statement.

As you say, it's in the quiet times that the whole thing catches up with you and there's nothing for it really but to try and deal with it as best you can. You know we here at Catsey are always here for you, but I appreciate that isn't much help at those times. ***HUGS***

Thanks Angie, we all know it's bad enough loosing them and I thought loosing Nipper in the road was bad enough (although after this I have my doubts on that now, and Tabs too) but I don't know i'll be able to escape imagining the horror and fear and pain. I feel guilty as we were in the car she really bit me, obviously in pain, and I feel guilty when I see the marks as my wounds are healing, but she's not. On the one hand i'm glad that when she died I was there with her and she wasn't alone and I just hope she was comforted but on the other I can't shake the image of cradling her head in my hand and knowing it was over. One minute she was there and the next she was gone. I remember hanging out the washing that morning and talking to her while she pottered about outside, I had no idea it was to be her last day.

angieh
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
It's a sobering thought - what would any of us do if we knew what was around the next corner. XXX

janey83
07-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Im just catchin up with this thread as ive had no computer.

Thats is awful, poor little girl.
Why people hate cats so much to do that is beyond me!

R.I.P

Mags
15-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm so, so sorry to read this Random..... what an awful thing to have happened :(

I hope justice will be done..:(