PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Mr Chips

Alan77
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Mr Chips, out 2 year-old b&w rescue cat, was hit by a car yesterday morning. He was very special because he was he only one of his litter who survived after all (including mum) were found in a well.

We suspected he wouldn't last long, anyway, because he used to go for walks with us and our german shepherd to the top of the hill that our house backs on to, and he'd often be panting with the exertion after a little running around with the dog.

I guess it probably had something to do with his tough start to life. He never stopped being a kitten and would often join my wife or daughter in the morning, snuggling up, kneading a dressing gown and suckling - though he tried, I don't believe any milk was ever forthcoming.

He was very good at waking me up in the morning for his breakfast - so much so that if I left it too long, there was every chance I'd come downstairs to find a rabbit he'd caught running round the house.

So this morning it wasn't the same. We've now lost 3 cats in the space of one year. But he had two good years with us.

Anyway, goodbye Mr Chips. You were a lovely, fun cat and you'll be missed.

The rabbits, though, are glad to see the back of you.

Sasadams
01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
:cry: So sorry to hear about Mr. Chips, sounds like he had a very happy 2 years with you, a very lucky cat to have found a family like you. I too have lost a cat recently. We had to have out 10 year old cat Charlie put to sleep just under 4 weeks ago and I am still missing him like crazy, but it gets easier as the time passes. But he'll always hold a special place in out hearts.

RIP Mr. Chips
x

yola
01-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Alan - so sorry to hear of the loss of Mr Chips. What a sad morning it is here today :( He sounded like a lovely character who I'm sure you will all miss terribly. Hugs to you and your family.

smudgley
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Oh no Alan. I'm sorry to hear about Mr Chips. :(

Annestaff
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss :(

Sleep tight Mr Chips x

Moli
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
So sorry for your loss....
Run free Mr Chips....x

alexgirl73
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
So very sad!

RIP Mr Chips, run free little one xx

angieh
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
So sorry Alan. Mr Chips was blessed with a short happy life. RIP. XXX

dandysmom
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
A lovely tribute to a well-loved cat. Run free at the Bridge, Mr. Chips .....

random
01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Mr Chips. We have lost 4 cats since Feb last year, and my wee Nipper was hit my a vehicle too, she was just 9 months old.

RIP Mr Chips, best wishes Alan. x

babycakes
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. Don't let it put you off owning cats in the future but maybe it's best to look at house cats so you are not loosing so many. You haven't said how the other two have died but if it is due to road accidents then this maybe the better option for you
RIP Mr Chips

EmmaG
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Goodbye Mr Chips, run free little fella :(

pinklizzy
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
So sorry to hear about Mr Chips, RIP little one.xxx

Fran
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
So sorry for your loss :(

RIP Mr Chips x

Kim