PDA

View Full Version : Stray Cat At Work

Donna
31-03-2008, 01:50 PM
A cat has just walked into my office off the High Street :shock: No collar, seems well cared for. What do I do? I dont want to put it back onto the High Street as I am worried about it :?

yola
31-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Donna - can you take it to a nearby vet, just for safekeeping until you can find its owner?

It's unfair to let a cat wander on a busy road - we all know the consequences of that one :(

Edit to say, if you cite 'duty of care' to them they shouldn't charge you . . . they have an obligation to look out for an animal's best interest over and above charging a fee.

Steph
31-03-2008, 02:53 PM
It`s years since I worked an in office-and I was never one to curl up-but in this case??

Donna
31-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Well a lady came into our office, and I was in there on my own. I explained it was a stray and to just excuse the cat as I was planning on taking it to the Cat shelter in the next town after work (already rang them), and she just opened the door and let it go saying "i am sure it will find its way home".

I was gobsmacked - stupid woman. Now worried about the cat as it ran off.

dandysmom
31-03-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG, what stupidity! :shock: I hope the poor little one does find its way home safely, but with traffic being what it is......:(

alexgirl73
31-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Stupid woman!!!!! Some people have no concern do they. Try not to worry too much Donna x

Moli
31-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Hoping its safely curled up somewhere.... Stupid woman!!!!

CathyW
31-03-2008, 06:54 PM
stupid woman, obiously not a cat lover. bet she was a mouse or a bird in a previous life.
hope u caused her lots of problems with what ever she wanted, did u get her address, id pass it onto a the spammers.

pinklizzy
31-03-2008, 07:11 PM
:shock: What a stupid woman! Especially as you told her you'd organised to take it into your local rescue centre. :evil: Hope the little one found it's way home safely.

yola
31-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Cow :mad: She would've been bloody gobsmacked (i.e. smacked in the gob) if I'd been there :evil: :evil: :evil:

Elaine
31-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Cow :mad: She would've been bloody gobsmacked (i.e. smacked in the gob) if I'd been there :evil: :evil: :evil:

With you on that one Yola. Who did this woman think she was, I'd have gone mental.:twisted:

angieh
31-03-2008, 08:25 PM
stupid woman, obiously not a cat lover. bet she was a mouse or a bird in a previous life.
hope u caused her lots of problems with what ever she wanted, did u get her address, id pass it onto a the spammers.

Hope she's one again in the next!

dandysmom
31-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Hope she's one again in the next!

Amen to that!!!!!!!!

Donna
31-03-2008, 09:20 PM

She was looking for a house - a customer - I would of got seriously told off if I had said anything to her :?

Elaine
31-03-2008, 10:22 PM
She was looking for a house - a customer - I would of got seriously told off if I had said anything to her :?

Its not your fault Donna, just hope her house gets dry rot;)

yola
31-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I know what you mean, it's horrible when you have to hold your tongue because commerce is compromising your principles :( Hopefully kitty's found another refuge or his/her way home.