PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Monday

Fran
31-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Morning all, lovely, sunny, spring like day here :cool: Off to fetch Em from my mum's later this morning. Other than that, not much planned.

Have a great day!

PoshPuss
31-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Remaining dry here too Fran. Thank goodness have lots of outside work to do. First, going to Caerphilly for lunch with sis and her inlaws. Should be getting ready but sorted puter probs first. see ya laters.

dandysmom
31-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Afternoon, Fran, PoshPuss; where is everyone else?! March isn't going out like a lion; more like a cold wet lamb. It's 5 degrees with a cold all-day drizzle. I skipped my market run and just stayed in and did some much needed housework, and potted up a few more seeds. I like to start some annuals indoors in pots to get a head start ...

Out of curiousity I checked the weather in Luxor...it is 28 degrees and sunny...lucky Mags!

Nothing interesting here, hope all are well and having a pleasant day!

pinklizzy
31-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Nice day here, I had a 1/2 day at work so went into town to pick up my new glasses. I hadn't had my eyes tested for 6 years so it's funny to be able to see so well after so long! My eyes aren't much worse but due to my job, my glasses have been so battered I was looking through the wrong parts of the lens!
Just been out along the canal with Kindly, she quite likes to pootle along in this nice weather.
Housework and ironing to do this evening!

angieh
31-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Afternoon Fran, Poshpuss and Dandysmom! We are sparse on the ground today aren't we?

Been a bit of a changeable day here, one minute cloudy and spitting with rain and then the sun came out and it was very pleasantly warm! Pruned the ramblers in the front this morning and tidied up the lavender. My dad always used to take all the dead bits out of his lavender around this time of the year when the new shoots were just beginning to show but I know that the professional growers cut it all back after it has finished flowering in late August, so that's what I've been doing until this year. Thought I'd give the other system a try!

Have ordered a new pressure washer and hope that comes soon - our patio and paths really need a spruce up - algae growing everywhere.

Now in to do some transcription until it's time to get supper - pasta and chestnut mushrooms tonight - yummy!

Been thinking about Mags - 'spect we'll miss her - hope she has a really good time!!!

MrsH
31-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I think it's been a lovely day here, I'm not sure because I spend my working life indoors and only get to see the big wide world when I'm in the car arriving or leaving!

Starting to feel my age with retirement looming, I'm having to fill in all these blooming forms to claim my pension and having to put up with patronising young things (sound about 15!) on the end of the phone line. Still, when I was young I suppose I thought that anyone more than 10 years older than me was positively ancient!

The cats were funny this morning, I wonder if the changing of the clocks has confused them? I got up as usual when the alarm rang but they didn't move from their beds, just looked sleepily at me and turned over again!

Kim
31-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone.

Been a lovely day here, sun shining and quite warm at times. I have been to Drayton Manor today with our foster child, very tired now, so looking forward to doing nothing much this evening!

dandysmom
31-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I think it's been a lovely day here, I'm not sure because I spend my working life indoors and only get to see the big wide world when I'm in the car arriving or leaving!

Starting to feel my age with retirement looming, I'm having to fill in all these blooming forms to claim my pension and having to put up with patronising young things (sound about 15!) on the end of the phone line. Still, when I was young I suppose I thought that anyone more than 10 years older than me was positively ancient!

The cats were funny this morning, I wonder if the changing of the clocks has confused them? I got up as usual when the alarm rang but they didn't move from their beds, just looked sleepily at me and turned over again!

Leia was the same when we changed, but once I said "breakfast!", she decided she'd get up early...:-D..and by Tuesday she was back to the normal routine......