PDA

View Full Version : Back to clothing basics

Kazz
28-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Well I am about to start again at least I think I am. Fed up with my clothes full stop. Style lack of it....:cry: ....so in the next couplle of months I am about to look around and see what I think suits me then work from there. However I figure I need basics/essentials so what would you all think should/are your wardrobe basics. All opinions welomed.:-D

Erin
28-03-2008, 08:21 PM
A few good pairs of jeans are a must,imo,also a few pairs of comfy combats.

My wardrobe consists of -

Jeans about 8 pairs I think :?
3 pairs of cambats,these are nice for the summer too cause they are nice and light.
I have loads of plain tshirts (mainly for work)
Vest tops again nice for in the summer,
Hoodies are a must for me too have loads of these,
Couldnt be without my mini's my denim ones being my fave,
A nice summer and winter coat

Oh I have to much to list here :roll: :lol:

Erin
28-03-2008, 08:31 PM
oh some nice three quarters too :)

dandysmom
28-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Being retired I don't need work clothes, and was never especially fashion conscious, so doubt if this will be any help to you, but here goes:

jeans
sweatpants
tees, both regular and long sleeved
sweatshirts
hoodies
sweaters
light jacket
heavy fleece lined jacket
basic "little black dress" for evenings out

Erin
28-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Eileen just reminded me,some nice black trousers too

dandysmom
28-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah, trousers: I still have loads from working! And some good blouses too.

Moli
28-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I often think of doing the same thing Kazz, but never get round to it...
I have 2 dresses...
About 12 pairs of Jeans...
Umpteen hooded sweaters...
T-shirts..
Strappy tops for the summer...
Assorted tops...
3 pairs of trainers...
And a selection of boots....
Very dull and boring..

Kazz
28-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you all and keep thinking.....ideas welcome:-D

Steph
28-03-2008, 10:13 PM
In an bother life I wore posh suits,silk ties and scarves and English or Italian shoes. Jeans and T -shirt now.

But as a mere male talking to mostly females-buy it when you see it-tomorrow it will be gone

dandysmom
28-03-2008, 10:29 PM
In an bother life I wore posh suits,silk ties and scarves and English or Italian shoes. Jeans and T -shirt now.

But as a mere male talking to mostly females-buy it when you see it-tomorrow it will be gone

And aren't jeans and tees really so much more comfortable.......:-D

alexgirl73
28-03-2008, 10:40 PM
jeans, baggy T-shirt and trainers! That's my wardrobe sorted lol!

dandysmom
28-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh definitely trainers, also a good pair of fleece lined snow boots, and two pairs of good dress shoes for the rare evenings out!

yola
28-03-2008, 10:52 PM
OK, well I would beg to differ here. I think that clothes other than trainers, jeans, teeshirts and fleeces can too be comfortable AND retain a bit of style. I'm not talking fitted suits or heels either - I too did those a while back and no longer feel right in them.

However, with a bit of thought and a bit of confidence you can put together wardrobe that move a little bit away from the total 'comfort' factor whilst balancing fashion and style.

If you have a bit of spare cash I would strongly recommend something like Colour Me Beautiful to get your 'colours done'. I'm someone who has spend pretty well the last 30 years in black. OH bought me a colour analysis session and I haven't looked back - seriously!

Initially skeptical I've carried my colour cards with me when shopping and time after time they have helped me to make the right choices. Don't forget colour is a critical aspect of overall style and a great starting point.

Good luck - it's a great journey if you can embrace making a (potentially) radical change in clothing and colour perception :-D

Kazz
30-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you all and big thanks to Yola I may well try that, I often wonder what colours suit me and I think the colours have changed as the yeas have past. When a teenager/20's you cna get away with most things....colours

Thanks