PDA

View Full Version : Naughty or Nice?

angieh
24-03-2008, 01:51 PM
My brain has been whirring! I've been trying to devise a questionnaire for Catsey peeps about whether their cats are "Naughty or Nice" - this has been inspired by Amber saying that her Amber would as soon give me a clawed lip if I tried to give her a kissums and of course, La Diva and her various difficult behaviours!

OK - would like suggestions for the questions. Here are some topics I think would be relevant, please add any comments or other questions you think would fit the bill!

1. If cat is used to living in a household with more than one person, does the cat go to more than one person for cuddles etc.?

2. If the cat normally lives with other cats is he/she comfortable in their company or does he/she avoid contact with all or any of them?

3. Does cat have noted general aggressive behaviour?

4. Does cat become upset when anything particular is being done eg pilling; cleaning ears; cleaning teeth; grooming; clipping claws?

5. Does cat run away when a frequent visitor comes to your home?

6. Does cat run away when a stranger comes to your home?

(I do of course accept that running away from a strange visitor is probably a good idea!)

These questions probably need tweaking and I also invite you to comment about weighting the marks awarded to the answers - so that either highest marks mean "Naughty" and lowest indicate "Nice" or round the other way.

Please put your thinking caps on! :D :D :D

dandysmom
24-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Good questions! How about a scale like:

Always - 7 points

Most of the time - 5 points

Occasionlly - 3 points

Never - 1 point

Leia would have 22 points on that scale, with the first 2 N/A's....

These are about socialization; are you going to add any about behavior? Such as inappropriate defecation...? Interesting project!

Edited: forgot a ways back Leia was living with 2 other cats, so add 5 points for question 2......

random
24-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Goos idea, I like DM's ranking scoring too, that would work I think!

I think mine would all be very nice except Princess! :lol:

Steph
24-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Every cat we have had would come out `nice`-But the late Conker did have a habit of finding a bird nest,and bringing the chicks one by one with some smug look on his face-not nice.

Cleo is perfect,doesn`t hunt,wary of strangers but comfortable with those she knows-a bit severe with her claws when `making butter` when I comb her though

dandysmom
24-03-2008, 07:58 PM
How would you characterize hunting? Outdoors natural, but a bit on the naughty side from our viewpoint? But indoors to me is definitely nice: this Autumn Leia rid the house of 6 mice and one large rat!! Shades of grey ........

angieh
24-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I think hunting is a natural instinct and is after all, why cats and humans began this lovely partnership all those ages ago. Even if we don't approve of some of the animals they catch I think on those grounds hunting should not be included in the questionnaire.

dandysmom
25-03-2008, 01:33 AM
OK, makes sense to me, Angie!