which included

2 peonies - both pale white/cream
1 tree peony - white
1 lupin - white
1 Forsythia - yellow
1 Hebe
2 Helebore

and a few others which I have now forgotten :roll:

got these from a local nursery at an excellent price of £62 in total, the Forsythia alone was £9.60. The rest being under £5.

Hopefully I will be able to plant these over the next few days otherwise I will wait for the weather to get better.

I will post up a few pictures once they are planted.

dandysmom
22-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Sound very nice, Emma! Hope the weather is good so you can get them in the ground quickly! I especially love the hellebores, mine are blooming now. I'm thinking about a tree peony also, they are lovely .......

angieh
22-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I bought a new rosemary bush today and Knophofia "Green Jade" and some tomato seeds "Roma". Still got a couple of weeks to get the tomato seeds in. Need something architectural - fancy a near black formium.

Moofster
23-03-2008, 10:40 AM
:D those sound great - I do miss all those type of plants - lupins just wouldnt stand the heat here.........so...... urm...............photos :-D :-D when you get 2 mins :-D thanks ! !

EmmaG
23-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Well I won't be planting them out today, ground is covered by a couple of inches of snow!!! lol They are safe and warm in the garage :)

Mags
23-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to your pics once you have them planted Emma..:D

Moofster
23-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Well I won't be planting them out today, ground is covered by a couple of inches of snow!!! lol They are safe and warm in the garage :)

oh heck !! snow, something else I miss too :-D :-D I did see the weather report but thought you might just be getting a sprinkling - sounds serious - is it still snowing then ?

EmmaG
23-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Just taken a few pics (of the snow) and I will upload them in a min :)

Moofster
23-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Just taken a few pics (of the snow) and I will upload them in a min :)

:-D :-D now I see why theres no planting going on today :-D :-D

Great photos - I love snow scenes !!

Kazz
23-03-2008, 06:40 PM
They sound lovely Emma - great minds think alike I 2 peonies - pale white/cream, and pale pink, and a forsythia.
As well as a lovely Magnolia, and some lupins too I adore lupins but wanted white this time.

And bulbs galore all still to be planted :)Alliums x 75 (all colours), dwarf iris x 150 (want these for front and back), coneflowers (3 x white and 3 x pink) globe thistles x 3,(blue) sea holly x 3 (blue), veronica x 3 (purple).

I love bulbs mostly because you get much for your money. The above bulbs cost me a £15

dandysmom
23-03-2008, 07:57 PM
They sound lovely Emma - great minds think alike I 2 peonies - pale white/cream, and pale pink, and a forsythia.
As well as a lovely Magnolia, and some lupins too I adore lupins but wanted white this time.

And bulbs galore all still to be planted :)Alliums x 75 (all colours), dwarf iris x 150 (want these for front and back), coneflowers (3 x white and 3 x pink) globe thistles x 3,(blue) sea holly x 3 (blue), veronica x 3 (purple).

I love bulbs mostly because you get much for your money. The above bulbs cost me a £15

Me too! I just got an e-mail confirmation that some of mine are coming Tuesday: hardy miniature glads and acidanthera! Hope it will be planting weather....

Kazz
23-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Well stay there Eileen over here its snow weather.

dandysmom
23-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Well stay there Eileen over here its snow weather.

I know! I was just back on Emma's snow pic thread...not what you expect at Easter.....

EmmaG
23-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Christ you have a lot of bulbs there to plant Kazz !!!

I have planted some lilly of the valley in the new borders

Fran
23-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Not being green fingered, a lot of those plants sound double dutch to me :roll: :-D But I look forward to seeing them planted up! :D

Kazz
24-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Christ you have a lot of bulbs there to plant Kazz !!!

I have planted some lilly of the valley in the new borders

I like lily of the valley I gave mine to my sister when we had the wall built have to get some back.:-D

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Well these are all planted now :)

Collection before planting.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1249.jpg

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Some of the plants planted up in the borders

White tree peony

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1250.jpg

Forsythia and Lupin

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1251.jpg

Border looking a bit more fuller

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1260.jpg

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 06:37 PM
On the other side

Peony and another plant :)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1262.jpg

Hellebore

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1263.jpg

Hebe, flowering mini cherry, and another plant :)
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1264.jpg

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Other side of border, you can see how wet the garden is at the bottom!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1265.jpg

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 06:39 PM
And lastly a picture of one of my raised beds with potted up strawberrys which I need to find a space for.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/DSCN1267.jpg

Fran
24-03-2008, 07:26 PM
It's all looking extremely good Emma!

Mags
24-03-2008, 08:08 PM
You have been working very hard Emma!!:D

What a lovely variation in the foliage colour in the first pic ........ that's going to look stunning in a few months..:D

dandysmom
24-03-2008, 09:23 PM
If you really can't find any space for the strawberries you can always send them to me..........:-D

angieh
24-03-2008, 11:23 PM
That's really good work Emma - and it must have been so cold. Hope you treated yourself to a hot cuppa when you came in - or something stronger - well done, your borders are coming on a treat.

Kazz
25-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Ahh your hebe is my hebe........Herb as he is known to his friends. They go big Emma ut lovely colour I'll try to get a picture of mine, he's been in just over a year now and was about your sixe when he was brought. Seems be holding his hape well too.

Your garden is stunning coming along really well I am really really pleased for you although it is hard work it should be pretty much looking after its self with all the perennials.

Karen

Kazz
25-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I love your Dragon too....whats he called, or am I the only one who names statues :D

Karen

EmmaG
25-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Eileen watch what you said otherwise I might send you a few strawberries!!! lol

Angie - it wasn't too cold which surprised me, I went outside dressed in multiple layers and had to remove my coat and scarf as I was getting too hot :)

Thanks Karen, I will try and propogate from some of these plants. Might buy a few more different ones over the summer. The borders will become deeper in time so I should have loads of room to plant flowers.

The dragon is called 'George' ;)

Kazz
25-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Do you know I thought he might be called George I was even going to ask you that.................then thought Nah too Naff....But so pleased he is.

EmmaG
25-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Naff? me Naff :shock: :-D

Must admit I don't like a great deal of ornaments in the garden but I have always wanted a dragon :-D Hopefully when all of the plants fill out he will be covered with flowers :-D

Kazz
25-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Naff? me Naff :shock: :-D

Must admit I don't like a great deal of ornaments in the garden but I have always wanted a dragon :-D Hopefully when all of the plants fill out he will be covered with flowers :-D

Sorry didn't you hear me first time NAFF :-D

See I am not an ornament fan either but they seem to me mounting up....have Norman the Gnome.....made by a friend of mine Julie had him a good few years now.But he weighs a tonne and I ca't lift him so he stays.
A tortoise, brought by Katie (niece) for me when she was about 3 or 4.So it stays.It is also good for holding the gate open.:-D
A rabbit same reason brought by Katie and Sophie when they got their first rabbit......about 10 years ago. do it stays.
A stone Stafford brought stupidly by me. :roll: Who also weighs a tonne so he stays too.

I love the dragons though and have often considered buying one.

dandysmom
25-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Eileen watch what you said otherwise I might send you a few strawberries!!! lol

Angie - it wasn't too cold which surprised me, I went outside dressed in multiple layers and had to remove my coat and scarf as I was getting too hot :)

Thanks Karen, I will try and propogate from some of these plants. Might buy a few more different ones over the summer. The borders will become deeper in time so I should have loads of room to plant flowers.

The dragon is called 'George' ;)

Lovely thought ....... sure the squirrel would enjoy them.. :roll: :-D ; also the birds! When Carolyn planted blueberries several years ago she only harvested a handful or so.....