PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear

Elaine
20-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Signed up with a new doctor surgery today. Got checked over by the nurse, height, weight, urine sample etc. Guess what? I have high blood pressure:shock:

angieh
20-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Are you really surprised m'dear? Have you been prescribed stuff or advised what to do about it?

Elaine
20-03-2008, 06:06 PM
No, nothing. They just said to go back in a month and have it re-checked:roll:

Erin
20-03-2008, 06:08 PM
oh dear Elaine,you need to take some time off work me thinks!!!

Moli
20-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Signed up with a new doctor surgery today. Got checked over by the nurse, height, weight, urine sample etc. Guess what? I have high blood pressure:shock:
No surprise there then:? Take a week off and do nothing, just relax, then it may come down...;)

Steph
20-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Well big friendly Steph takes his cocktail of Zestril,Amlodopine and Doxatosin on a regular basis

122/72 and smiling:D

Mags
20-03-2008, 06:44 PM
You really must get your business up and running Elaine, your present job is enough to raise anyone's blood pressure... ;)

angieh
20-03-2008, 06:46 PM
You really must get your business up and running Elaine, your present job is enough to raise anyone's blood pressure... ;)

That's the problem right enough!

I would suggest Yoga or Tai Chi - there must be classes in Aberdeen!?

Elaine
20-03-2008, 07:23 PM
It is definately my work place that has caused this, I have no doubts about that. Have to get my business up and running asap.
It was shock when the nurse said though, I didnt expect that at all, but yes, its not surprising.
Must cuddle cats more;)

Mags
20-03-2008, 07:27 PM
It is definately my work place that has caused this, I have no doubts about that. Have to get my business up and running asap.
It was shock when the nurse said though, I didnt expect that at all, but yes, its not surprising.
Must cuddle cats more;)

......or Graham! :lol:

angieh
20-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Gosh - just had a brill thought! What if Cats Protection and the NHS became partners - then doctors could prescribe rescued cats for their patients that need that soothing, calming presence in their lives!!! Solve all sorts of problems with one go!!!!!!!!

Elaine
20-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I think that'd be a pretty good idea;)

Elaine
20-03-2008, 07:35 PM
......or Graham! :lol:

That'd only make matters worse, he has already came home and started a war about the mess i left the car in:roll: Told him I had high blood pressure and he then lectured me about diet and excercise:twisted:

Mags
20-03-2008, 07:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CathyW
20-03-2008, 08:19 PM
watch your salt intake. dont add salt to your food, u will get used to it. and exercise is good for lowering high BP.
my OH had high BP and it was not dealt with. drugs ect, and he had a brain hemorrhages last year. luckily hes doing really well. but we keep his BP down now, and go into asdas regular as they off a free BP check.
good luck.

Elaine
20-03-2008, 08:25 PM
OMG, I am sorry to hear that BM.

dandysmom
20-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Why was I not surprised to hear this? That toxic workplace would stress Mother Teresa! Knowing you, you've probably already Googled HBP, so I'm not going to offer any suggestions...take care of yourself, chum, (((hugs)))

Elaine
20-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanx Eileen, I havent googled it yet. Was just gonna make sure I had an early night tonight and curl up with a book and the kitty cats.

Elaine
21-03-2008, 10:32 PM
All googled out now on the high blood pressure thing:lol:
Plan of action starts tomorrow. My diet has been rubbish lately, so I'll start with that, gonna go shopping and get proper foods in, veg, fruit etc. Diet and excercise, well thats gonna be helped by the dog walking stuff, smoking, well there's a difficulty, I'd really like to stop but I still enjoy my fags:roll: , cafeine intake has risen a fair bit, so will have to take stock of that. Stress, getting the hell out of Acorn will solve alot of that. Fingers crossed, if I am strict with myself, the next blood pressure reading will have fallen.;)

Mags
21-03-2008, 10:44 PM
All googled out now on the high blood pressure thing:lol:
Plan of action starts tomorrow. My diet has been rubbish lately, so I'll start with that, gonna go shopping and get proper foods in, veg, fruit etc. Diet and excercise, well thats gonna be helped by the dog walking stuff, smoking, well there's a difficulty, I'd really like to stop but I still enjoy my fags:roll: , cafeine intake has risen a fair bit, so will have to take stock of that. Stress, getting the hell out of Acorn will solve alot of that. Fingers crossed, if I am strict with myself, the next blood pressure reading will have fallen.;)
You are thinking positively Elaine and that is going to help you a lot...:D

Who knows, one day you may be able to give up smoking .......Moli was determined and she managed it ;)

Elaine
21-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I know. There are days when I feel ready to quit then I have a fag and really enjoy it. I guess thats the life of a junkie for ya;)

angieh
21-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I gave up last June Elaine - does your hubby smoke too? I could not give up until mine did and he gave up with no problems, just stopped one day. I had lots of pangs and thoughts about how to go and buy a packet of fags and have a sneaky smoke, but after I'd given up for a few days the thought of the smell put me off and my hubby would have been sure to have known. Also, the look of delight on the nurse's face that I saw at my surgery when I went in for a check up in September and I told her I had given up - that was a real boost to my willpower. But you've got to want to give up in yourself and for yourself. No amount of nagging helps - I know!

Well done with making positive moves about your diet - that's sure to help you.

Elaine
22-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanx Angie. Graham does smoke too which makes it harder. He has given up several times, as have I. We will do it one day but as you said, we really have to want it.