PDA

View Full Version : my kitten poos and pees on carpet

tenpinking
20-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Hi we have a 7 month old female kitten plus three other cats they all get along with each other. The problem we have is that she uses the dirt tray but at times she poo's on the carpet near the dirt tray and now started to pee on the carpet as well we have put down newspaper in the aera she uses, but she still makes use of the dirt tray at times, she as also pooed once on the bed. She dose go out but we do not know if she go's to the toilet outside. It is begeining to get to the point where we cant take it anymore we dont what to get rid of her but something needs to be done soon.

Fran
20-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi, welcome to Catsey, sorry to hear you are having problems with your kitten. Firstly, how many litter trays do you have around your home? The rule of thumb is one tray each plus one extra. Not having access to enough litter trays is often a big reason why cats soil inappropriately. Also, some cats will not use the tray unless it is really clean. So it's important to clean and fully empty the litter very regulary and remove soil waste as soon as you spot it. Also, you must make sure you clean any areas that she has soiled very thoroughly as you will find she will want to go back to the same spot time again if you don't. If you do a search, there are lots of threads on here with advice on how you can thoroughy clean the areas. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Steph
20-03-2008, 01:12 PM
And welcome from me. There is nothing much I can add.Always praise her for getting it right and never punish.

yola
20-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Other things to consider might be general illness, especially bladder/urinal issues. Is she showing signs of distress when pooing/peeing? Might a quick visit to the vet be in order?

The other question is whether she's been spayed. It could be to do with an entire cat's desire to mark territory.

Finally, has anything else changed? Is she stressed about anything in new in the house?

angieh
20-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Welcome to Catsey from me too. I have nothing to add to the comments made as above. Hope you manage to sort her out soon - must be really difficult for you. Let us know how you get on.